The simFlight Network Forums

offsets

I have the 4.53 v and I use the fsx default 737-800. My problem is that I can’t make mouse macro but at the same time I can do it in 737-400 PIC for example. Can you help me please?

Also I cannot find the offsets for engine fire and by the way in offset 3125 you are write about fuel pumps but how can I write the offset for the no2 pump because I don’t realized it.

I have the 4.53 v

Version 4.53 is well out of date and not supported. The oldest supported version is 4.60 which has been available now for over 4 months.

and I use the fsx default 737-800. My problem is that I can’t make mouse macro but at the same time I can do it in 737-400 PIC for example. Can you help me please?

As it tells you in the documentation, not al methods used by gauge programmers are susceptible to the mouse macro facility. Almost none of the gauges used in default Microsoft aircraft use the standard C/C++ SDK methods.

Also I cannot find the offsets for engine fire

Did you try using Search for "fire"? Here it finds offset 3366 on the third or fourth match.

... and by the way in offset 3125 you are write about fuel pumps but how can I write the offset for the no2 pump because I don’t realized it.

As documented, there are 4 separate bits for 4 separate pumps in offset 3125.

Regards

Pete

I know about 3366 offset but unfortunately don’t respond in fsx

I know that there are 4 separate bits for 4 separate pumps in offset 3125 but I don’t understood how I can write for the second pump

(Bit 2^0=Pump1, 2^1=Pump2, ....?)

I write for an example this way the order:

“Var 0027, name fs_sig_fuel1, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $3125, Length 1”

What about for second?

thank you

I know about 3366 offset but unfortunately don’t respond in fsx

I use it in FSX. You can detect and set fires and put them out. I have them operating here. Only the APU isn't so amenable.

I know that there are 4 separate bits for 4 separate pumps in offset 3125 but I don’t understood how I can write for the second pump

(Bit 2^0=Pump1, 2^1=Pump2, ....?)

2^0 means 1,

2^ 1 = 2 x 1 =2,

2^2 = 2 x 2 x 1 = 4,

2^3 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 1 = 8, and so on.

The ^N notation is just superscript, x^2 is "x squared".

I write for an example this way the order:

“Var 0027, name fs_sig_fuel1, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $3125, Length 1”

What about for second?

I don't know what you are writing there, but what is important is not just the offset and its size (1 byte) but the VALUE in that byte! Fior example:

01 = only pump 1

02 = only pump 2

03 = pump 1 and pump 2

04 = only pump 3

05 = pump 1 and pump 3

and so on. The bits inside the byte are the pump switches. A byte has 8 bits so can accommodate 8 switches. Only 4 are used here, as in the case of 3366 for engine fires.

Isn't there any documentation to help you with whatever program it is you are trying to use?

Pete

Ok now I understood about the ^N notation.

I have an iocard output who It simulate the signal of the MIP and I try to write the script with the offsets for the lights signal. Until now I have make it good. Even the apu fire it’s ok.

The only problems are on this offsets which I write to you. That orders that I write to you Sais to my sioc software to link with your offset 3125 and check the variable. Now I must somewhere somehow write the 01 or 02 so my software realized the difference between no1 and no2 pump and that’s the problem because I don’t know where I must write the 01 for example.

And by the way is there offset for “BELOW G/S P-INHBIT” signal? I check it but I don’t found it.

Now I must somewhere somehow write the 01 or 02 so my software realized the difference between no1 and no2 pump and that’s the problem because I don’t know where I must write the 01 for example.

Whatever value it is you write, it is the same offset. For bit-oriented swtches like the fire switches, the pumps, and the 10 light switches at offset 0D0C, you really want to toggle individual bits. Does your software provide such facilities?

The normal way with button assignments in FSUIPC is to assign to the "Offset Byte ToggleBits" control, with offset XXXX (e.g. 3125) and parameter according to which bit -- 01, 02, 04 or 08 in this case. The togglebits control changes the bit -- on if off, off if on. If you are using a latching switch, not a button, you'd use "Offset byte setbits" to turn a pump on, or "Offset byte clearbits" to turn it off.

If this SIOC software you are using doesn't provide any bit changing facilities then you might be out of luck. It would surprise me if it doesn't, however, as there are many needs for bit changing rather than whole byte or word changing.

And by the way is there offset for “BELOW G/S P-INHBIT” signal? I check it but I don’t found it.

It isn't simulated in FS as far as I know.

Pete

Probably there is a miss understood here, my fault. I don’t want to handle the switches via your offsets. I can do that via Fsuipc button-switches config if I want.

In my case I need to take only the out of the offset and give this to sioc software output card.

For example if I write:

Var 0001, name fs_par_brake, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $0BC8, Length 2

(With this I give a name to your offset)

IF &fs_par_brake = 0 ( now with that name which is in fact the offset it check the change of value of offset and in case who it is ‘0’ see below..)

{

&ns_on_ind = 0 (then I told to keep my light off)

}

IF &fs_par_brake = 32767 (if it is the offset full)

{

&ns_on_ind = 1 (then I told to light my led)

}

Now in this offset like so much others it is simple because I only need to write just the number of offset (in example $0BC8 and its ok)

But in fuel pump case I have to write the offset number 3125 but I need also to write the 02 some who to understood that I mean the No 2 and I don’t know how. That’s my problem.

And I am sure that some who it must be do that.

Anyway thank you very mach

Probably there is a miss understood here, my fault. I don’t want to handle the switches via your offsets. I can do that via Fsuipc button-switches config if I want.

In my case I need to take only the out of the offset and give this to sioc software output card.

I know this, but i was explaining how it is done, using buttons, so you can work out how to do it in SIOC. I know nothing aboutr SIOC. Maybe it can't be done, but in order to determine whether it can you need to understand how it is normally done and then try to make SIOC do it.

Now in this offset like so much others it is simple because I only need to write just the number of offset (in example $0BC8 and its ok)

But in fuel pump case I have to write the offset number 3125 but I need also to write the 02 some who to understood that I mean the No 2 and I don’t know how.

But I keep explaining it to you. Offset 3125 contains switches for all 4 pumps. Do you not understand this basic fact? Each pump only needs 1 bit, not all 8 bits, to operate it. If a pump's bit is a '1' the pump in on, if its bit is a '0' its pump is off.

If SIOC can read AND write offsets then you have to READ 3125, change the bit for the pump you want to switch, and then write the value back to 3125. For example, suppose offset 3125 is named 'pumps":

x = pumps

x = x OR 4

pumps = x

In other words, OR ind the value 4 (bit 2^2) into 3125 switches the pump number 2 on, while

x = pumps

x = x AND 11

pumps = x

switches pump #2 off. The mask value '11' is 2^0 + 2^1 + 2^3 (1 + 2 + 8 ), which makes sure the other three pumps, 1, 2 and 4, aren't affected.

I really cannot explain it any simpler. If there is insufficient documentation for SIOC to help you do things with it I suspect you have chosen the wrong technology for your project. But before giving up, see if there is any SIOC support.

Pete

• 3 years later...