The simFlight Network Forums

Run Time Error '76'

Hello Pete: Have been using Radar Contact, FSUIPC and FSX for many years without significant problem.

Toward the end of my last 3 flights, I noted that Radar Contact was not working. However, it worked perfectly during the first 1/2 - 2/3rds of each flight.

I opened the RC Window and there was the following error:

Run Time Error '76'

RC.fsuipc.rcv4code

Any idea what this means and what to do to fix it.

Never saw this before.

Thank you, Al

I opened the RC Window and there was the following error:

Run Time Error '76'

RC.fsuipc.rcv4code

Any idea what this means and what to do to fix it.

No. It's some sort of file access error I think, reported by the Visual Basic system RC uses. A Google search shows it to probably be "path not found". But I've no idea what file or what path it is trying to use. You need to go to the RC Support Forum on AVSIM.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete: Yes, I also posted on the RC forum and it seems, as you suggested, to be a "path not found" error.

I had also posted here because I saw "fsuipc" in the error message and was not sure and I wanted to cover all grounds.

Looks like it should be easily fixable but not sure why it just "all of a sudden" happened.

Well sometimes there are not always readily apparent answers.

Take care, Al