The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 FSX Install Proceedure Questions

I purchased some time ago a registered FSUIPC 4 and just reformatted my PC. I am doing a clean install of FSX and I installed FSUIPC and the log shows it couldn't find simconnect XML but it said it was okay. Anyway, it was looking for my FSX.CFG file located in the application data folder which I have hidden. I was wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall but this time unhide the folders so FSUIPC can see my FSX.CFG and find the simconnect.xml? I'm not even sure if this matters or not, but I'd really like to do it the correct way since some of my software add-ons require FSUIPC and simconnect. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Chad

... I installed FSUIPC and the log shows it couldn't find simconnect XML but it said it was okay.

Yes, it is okay. The SimConnect.XML file is only ever used when linking SimConnect on a Network.

Anyway, it was looking for my FSX.CFG file located in the application data folder which I have hidden.

That shouldn't matter, it should still find it. The AppData folders are always "hidden".

I was wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall but this time unhide the folders so FSUIPC can see my FSX.CFG and find the simconnect.xml?

No. Why?

I'm not even sure if this matters or not, but I'd really like to do it the correct way since some of my software add-ons require FSUIPC and simconnect.

And don't they work? Sorry, I'm not sure why you are posting here. Do you have a problem of any kind at all?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete. I am not having any issues with FSX, FSUIPC, or any installed aircraft. This was just me making sure it installed correctly so I don't have to worry about issues coming up in the future. When I saw the log, it make me think that I didn't do something or that I installed FSUIPC incorrectly.

Thanks for your reply Pete. I am not having any issues with FSX, FSUIPC, or any installed aircraft. This was just me making sure it installed correctly so I don't have to worry about issues coming up in the future. When I saw the log, it make me think that I didn't do something or that I installed FSUIPC incorrectly.

No, nothing wrong unless it says there's something wrong. Remember, it did say the omission of the SimConnect.xml was okay, and the searching for FSX.CFG was successful otherwise you'd have had an error and a prompt.

Pete