The simFlight Network Forums

Wilco 737 A/P issues

Has anyone experienced this, where when I engage the AP(cmd A) on this aircraft, anything else such lvl chg, spd, v/s, hdg, vnav, lnav will disengage it!! This model was working flawless for me. I thought maybe it had to do with my new goflight MCP-PRO, but I disconected it(usb only) and same thing. I am baffled as to what could have taken place, I'm running the latest fsuipc and nothing else has changed being that I took a break at playing the game for a while. I did do the iris alignment.

Has anyone experienced this, where when I engage the AP(cmd A) on this aircraft, anything else such lvl chg, spd, v/s, hdg, vnav, lnav will disengage it!!

Using what, buttons on joysticks, or the buttons on screen, in the gauges themselves?

You could enable Event logging in FSUIPC and check the log to see what controls are being sent.

I'm running the latest fsuipc

And what version number do you have as "the latest"? The term "latest" is meaningless, folks use it to mean the last one they saw. Check the Announcements at the top of the Forum please.

Regards

Pete

Ok, as for buttons, I was using the ones on my new MCP from GoFlight. When I suspected that maybe the MCP was the source of the problem I disconnected it and used the buttons in the game on the MCP of the Wilco 737, same results. The FSUIPC I'm using is the one posted here on June 1.

Ok, as for buttons, I was using the ones on my new MCP from GoFlight. When I suspected that maybe the MCP was the source of the problem I disconnected it and used the buttons in the game on the MCP of the Wilco 737, same results.

So it's something to do with the aircraft, not hardware or FSUIPC. Do Wilco support that aircraft? Have you checked the default 737?

Pete

Got to love Wilco,

From their site:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Windows XP/Vista/Seven) / Flight Simulator 2004 (Windows XP) - Windows XP/Vista 32bits - Windows 7 32/64 bits - Microsoft FSX Service Packs 1 & 2 (or Acceleration Pack) - Pentium IV - 1.4 GHz - 256MB RAM - 32Mb Graphics.

The answer:

Sir,

If it was running before, we assume the problem doesn't come from our 737PIC.

Please note that there is no version supported for 737PIC FS2004 under Vista.

Best Regards,

Well unchecking "Yoke can overforce AP" fixed it for me and it's running fine;)

On a different note, I cannot get this aircraft to run smoothly on Windows 7/64 with 4g of ram and installed in it's own directory and that for FS9 or FSX. I won't bother to ask them, should have never bought the necessary upgrade.

Well unchecking "Yoke can overforce AP" fixed it for me and it's running fine;)

That's an option in that aircraft set-up, is it? I have the same option for Project Magenta, but generally it can be left enabled always. In my cockpit, and I assume that in sophisticated models like those from Wilco, if you aren't reasonably close to trimmed (so the yoke is set so you can take your hands off with the aircraft still following the current path) then the A/P cannot be engaged to hold the relevant modes.

Sounds like either you weren't enough in trim to engage the A/P, or the yoke was sending erratic inputs to the sim. The option you unchecked should merely tell it to ignore the yoke inputs.

Regards

Pete