The simFlight Network Forums

FSXAccel F-18 Refuelling Probe

I use FSUIPC exclusively for operating my X52 controller in FSX. Thanks for a great programme, Pete! :D

Is there a control in FSUIPC that toggles the Inflight Refuelling Probe (IPR) on the default Acceleration F-18?

At present the only way I know of deploying the probe is by using the switch in the VC using a mouse :evil: (and who flies with a mouse these days?).

Is there a control in FSUIPC that toggles the Inflight Refuelling Probe (IPR) on the default Acceleration F-18?

At present the only way I know of deploying the probe is by using the switch in the VC using a mouse :evil: (and who flies with a mouse these days?).

I don't know, but possibly not, depending how Microsoft programmed it. Try enabling Event logging in FSUIPC's options (logging tab). If you run FSX in Windowed mode (temporarily) you can also enable the console log and see the results in real time. Otherwise check the FSUIPC4.LOG file after operating the switch. If it activates a control it will be logged.

If not, there are two other possibilities:

1) Unlikely, but maybe the mouse macro option will detect it. Try it to see.

2) Slightly more likely, maybe it is controlled with a local gauge variable (L:var). Try the assignment option to list L:Vars and see if you can see it. There's also a Lua plug-in provided with FSUIPC which logs L:vars on screen as they change. If there is one, maybe a macro to change it will work. It is still a long shot though.

Regards

Pete