The simFlight Network Forums

PFC - Engine Cut Outs

I am having trouble with jet engine cut outs with my PFC Cirrus Console. The bottom line is I am having frequent loss of engines - on the Flight 1 Mustang it is always the right engine, on the PMDG MD11 it is always the far right engine (it has its own throttle, one and two are on the first throttle).

I am using a 6 axis quadrant - the complex prop plane one. Left two throttles are power, middle (blue) are used for reversers with jets, and the far right is used for spoilers.

I have tried switching the throttle controls to different axis - no joy. The only time it seems to not be an issue is with prop planes, and when I map engines one and two to one throttle control.

Anyone have any ideas. I have no conflicting control inputs going on. I am using a com port version of the Console.

Thanks.

Colin

I am having trouble with jet engine cut outs with my PFC Cirrus Console. The bottom line is I am having frequent loss of engines - on the Flight 1 Mustang it is always the right engine, on the PMDG MD11 it is always the far right engine (it has its own throttle, one and two are on the first throttle).

I am using a 6 axis quadrant - the complex prop plane one. Left two throttles are power, middle (blue) are used for reversers with jets, and the far right is used for spoilers.

I have tried switching the throttle controls to different axis - no joy. The only time it seems to not be an issue is with prop planes, and when I map engines one and two to one throttle control.

Engines don't cut out because of throttle changes, no matter how you've assigned them or what values they provide. The usual way they cut out is from fuel starvation. It sounds like your fuel is being cut for the right engine. On a Jet FS simulates the fuel cut-off switches using the MIXTURE, which needs to be full rich to run the engine. Any less will cut the fuel. For a prop plane any value will do, depending on the altitude, and only a full lean or close to will normally cut the engine.

Given those facts I believe you have something assigned to and/or operating the Mixture 2 setting. Try enabling Axis event logging in FSUIPC, operate all of your controls, and look at the FSUIPC log prodcued to see if there are any mixture axis changes.

Regards

Pete

• 6 months later...

Thanks Pete.

I will investigate your suggestions!

John

Engines don't cut out because of throttle changes, no matter how you've assigned them or what values they provide. The usual way they cut out is from fuel starvation. It sounds like your fuel is being cut for the right engine. On a Jet FS simulates the fuel cut-off switches using the MIXTURE, which needs to be full rich to run the engine. Any less will cut the fuel. For a prop plane any value will do, depending on the altitude, and only a full lean or close to will normally cut the engine.

Given those facts I believe you have something assigned to and/or operating the Mixture 2 setting. Try enabling Axis event logging in FSUIPC, operate all of your controls, and look at the FSUIPC log prodcued to see if there are any mixture axis changes.

Regards

Pete