The simFlight Network Forums

Not sure what I need to change for turboprop w/Saitek TQ

Hello Pete,

I am not sure what I need to change to get my Saitek TQ working with turboprops. Right now it is set up for jets. The entire axis is calibrated for thrust. When I move the lever below to activate reverse, it is mapped to a butting. This works well.

With the Aerosoft Twin Otter and Lionheat Kodiak (and I assume others), the minimum for the axis goes in to reverse thrust using the above calibration. I want the minimum to be idle and revers only activated when I move the lever in to the red zone.

I can figure out how to do what I need to do using the manual but I am not sure what I need to to do.

Could you please offer some quick direction?

Thanks.

I am not sure what I need to change to get my Saitek TQ working with turboprops. Right now it is set up for jets. The entire axis is calibrated for thrust. When I move the lever below to activate reverse, it is mapped to a butting. This works well.

So, in the calibration you have "no reverse zone" checked, and the calibration done accordingly, right?

With the Aerosoft Twin Otter and Lionheat Kodiak (and I assume others), the minimum for the axis goes in to reverse thrust using the above calibration. I want the minimum to be idle and revers only activated when I move the lever in to the red zone.

If you've calibrated without a reverse zone I don't know of any way of using the lever to get reverse, unless you are operating that button you speak of.

Could you please offer some quick direction?

Sorry, I've no idea how you manage to get reverse with only forward thrust calibrated. I think you need to seek support from the aircraft makers. It sounds like they have some odd arrangements. Have you checked it with the FS default turboprop aircraft at all (like the King Air)?

Also, be sure you are using the latest updates for FSUIPC -- please see the Updates announcement above. There were some changes for some aircraft, though your problem does not ring a bell.

Regards

Pete