The simFlight Network Forums

737 PIC project

this is my first post and I m happy to share with You my video about the WILCO 737 OVERHEAD.

I have build it in 2 months, but it is just the base of my project of cockpit!!

I have choosed WILCO and no PMDG cause it was a bet!!!

Now I m starting with the AFT O.H. and by the easy offset of Flap and a Output card the position light of flap is done, but the real problem is for the other........:

MASTER CAUTION ALLARM

APU LIGHT

etc etc

I know that is no easy to find out the offset, but the question is : there are the offset for special funcion or not? (I have't understand if for every command there is an "hidden" offset, or same command is direct through the panel and the software).

PS: sorry for my english........ Peter I will be glad to explain You the secret about my Overhead!!

Now I m starting with the AFT O.H. and by the easy offset of Flap and a Output card the position light of flap is done, but the real problem is for the other........:

MASTER CAUTION ALLARM

APU LIGHT

etc etc

I know that is no easy to find out the offset, but the question is : there are the offset for special funcion or not? (I have't understand if for every command there is an "hidden" offset, or same command is direct through the panel and the software).

There are no built-in FSUIPC offsets for non-FS functions, and not even for all those FS simulates. FS doesn't in fact simulate much of the overhead action at all. Add-on aircraft often do, but they all do it their own way.

Wilco may be using FSUIPC for some of their stuff, I don''t know, but you may find out more on their support site.

Regards

Pete

I was sure about it....... Do you have any suugestion for me?

You are sure about what? Sorry, I don't understand. As for suggestions:

If you want to implement hardware solutions for a complete cockpit simulation, including the overhead, you need to either use external cockpit simulation software, such as Project Magenta, Sim-Avionics or FlightDeck Software, or choose an aircraft add-on which provides a development kit which allows such an interface, like Level D aircraft. The simulation of subsystems actually built into FS itself is quite rudimentary by comparison, and sadly many of the more sophisticated add-on aircraft do not provide any way to hook into their internal workings. for Wilco aircraft you can ask them if there is any solution, as I suggested already.

Regards

Pete