The simFlight Network Forums

UseProfiles Feature Not Working after Reinstall

Last weekend, I changed from Vista to Win7 and reinstalled FSX and FSUIPC. Before this OS change, I had various profiles created using the information from the User's Guide and the profile feature was working beautifully. But after the OS change and reinstall, this feature is not working even though I have followed the instructions. The ini file shows "UseProfiles=Yes" but I still see the "Aircraft specific?" checkbox instead of "Profile specific? checkbox. Would appreciate some help please

Please see the attachment for the details of version etc. Let me know if you need more information please.

Thanks for your help

Pramod

post-6627-128689718026_thumb.jpg

Last weekend, I changed from Vista to Win7 and reinstalled FSX and FSUIPC. Before this OS change, I had various profiles created using the information from the User's Guide and the profile feature was working beautifully.

Didn't you copy your INI file over from your previous installation? There's no difference, and installing FSUIPC never touches the INI file. You need not have made any changes whatsoever.

Please see the attachment for the details of version etc. Let me know if you need more information please.

You are using FSUIPC version 4.152, which was a Beta version issued nearly THREE YEARS AGO, back in July 2007, as is very clearly shown in the picture you attached. Didn't you even bother to look at it? Why go to all the trouble of posting a picture of something which tells you straight-away you have got something so very very wrong?

Profiles were not invented till much later!, and no FSX version before 4.60 is supported in any case!

At the top of this Forum there are a number of Announcements. Please do take a look. ALWAYS refer there before posting requests for support. It would save us both a lot of time!

Pete