The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 + FSX + Fsuipc4 =freezing radios?

Hi

I've installed the pmdg 737 on FSX time ago, and everything was working fine. Two days ago I've decided to update the FSUIPC4 to the latest version, but after that I've noticed that I could not change the radio frequency anymore. The problem exists in both 2D and Virtual cockpits. I've tried to install an older version of FSUIPC4, and seems that the 4.30 allow the radio frequency change until i switch to/from the fullscreen :shock: . Once I've pressed alt+enter the radio panel stop working. :?:

I'll post the FSUICP log only when I'll understand how to do it! :lol:

I'm using windows XP SP3

Sorry for my English, but I'm italian :oops: and thanks for support!

I've installed the pmdg 737 on FSX time ago, and everything was working fine.

Is that the FS9 version, or do you have a Beta of the upcoming FSX version?

Two days ago I've decided to update the FSUIPC4 to the latest version

What is this "latest version" you installed? I always need version numbers please! Folks have said "latest version" and been using a year old version!

And what version number did you update from?

but after that I've noticed that I could not change the radio frequency anymore.

Not at all? Using mouse, keyboard or programmed buttons? Programmed in FSX or in FSUIPC4 or where?

The problem exists in both 2D and Virtual cockpits. I've tried to install an older version of FSUIPC4, and seems that the 4.30 allow the radio frequency change until i switch to/from the fullscreen

FSUIPC isn't aware of whether you are in full screen or windowed mode, and doesn't care.

I'll post the FSUICP log only when I'll understand how to do it! :lol:

You can simply paste it into your message. If you select it after pasting and select the "code" button at the top of the editing area it will enclose it like a scrollable file. That's the best way.

In any case, enable "event logging" (in the Logging tab), first, then reproduce the problem, and then close down FSX before getting the log. If you keep the session only as long as needed the Log should not be too long. If it does grow really large we'll have to resort to emails.

Sorry for my English, but I'm italian

Your English is fine. Don't worry about that.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do a lot about this. It sounds very much like a PMDG 737 problem. If it is the FS9 version you are using in FSX then I'm surprised much of it works at all. Do they support it for FSX use? Do their Gauges and DLL's run in FSX? I thought they needed a DLL called "PMDGoptions.DLL" installed, and I don't think that can work in FSX.

If you are testing the Beta FSX version then you relaly need to deal direct with the PMDG Beta group leader.

Anyway, I'm on holiday from tomorrow afternoon till July 5th, so I'm afraid a fuller investigation may have to wait.

Regards

Pete

Is that the FS9 version, or do you have a Beta of the upcoming FSX version?

The FS9 version, unfortunately

What is this "latest version" you installed? I always need version numbers please! Folks have said "latest version" and been using a year old version!

The 4.6.1.7. I've also tried the 4.6 and the 4.3.

And what version number did you update from?

Honestly I don't remember, but the only version i've found in my old storage folder was the 4.3, so I suppose I was using that one.

Not at all? Using mouse, keyboard or programmed buttons? Programmed in FSX or in FSUIPC4 or where?

I've tried mouse and keyboard (even with the atc, that should be able to change the frequency automatically), but none of this worked.

I'll try to programm the radio button with FSUIPC4

FSUIPC isn't aware of whether you are in full screen or windowed mode, and doesn't care.

I know, but the problem seems to be correlated to this.

I never though it was a FSUIPC issue, but i've read about the same problem with fs9 and it was fixed with an FSUIPC update, so here I am 8)

You can simply paste it into your message. If you select it after pasting and select the "code" button at the top of the editing area it will enclose it like a scrollable file. That's the best way.

In any case, enable "event logging" (in the Logging tab), first, then reproduce the problem, and then close down FSX before getting the log. If you keep the session only as long as needed the Log should not be too long. If it does grow really large we'll have to resort to emails.

mmm, i can't reproduce the problem becuse now the radio panel is working :shock: I'll do some flight to reproduce the same condition of the first time i've encountered the problem!

The PMDG 737 for fs9 is not officially supported for FSX, but all gauges and dll working fine. :lol:

Thank you again for support!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, except I have it with the MAAMSim DC3...before I registered FSUIPC 4.6, the com and nav freq changes worked, but since then I cannot change them. I am running FSX with acc, SP2, Win7 64 bit.

*EDIT* I did have the unregistered version of FSUIPC 4.6 installed, and I could change all freqs. I have tried using the mouse clicks, and using the keyboard, but neither works now that I have paid for FSUIPC.

*2nd EDIT* when I click on the knobs for any of the radios, the knobs move, and I can hear the clicking like the numbers are changing, but the freqs do not change

I did have the unregistered version of FSUIPC 4.6 installed, and I could change all freqs. I have tried using the mouse clicks, and using the keyboard, but neither works now that I have paid for FSUIPC.

There's no difference between "registered" and "unregistered" except the presence of a valid KEY file in the Modules folder. If FSUIPC works without that file but not with it then either your registration is invalid, or your system date is set before the purchase date, making it look invalid.

Pete

My computer system date is Saturday July 10 2010, I registered FSUIPC yesterday, July 9 2010. The main FSUIPC page when I open the addons tab in FSX shows FSUIPC is registered to me. *EDIT* I have been changing some of my joystick settings in FSUIPC, and they are accepted, so I'm assuming my validation key must be working

My computer system date is Saturday July 10 2010, I registered FSUIPC yesterday, July 9 2010. The main FSUIPC page when I open the addons tab in FSX shows FSUIPC is registered to me. *EDIT* I have been changing some of my joystick settings in FSUIPC, and they are accepted, so I'm assuming my validation key must be working

Not necessarily. The anti-piracy code is complex because pirates are clever.

If everything is okay there is absolutely no reason for any interference whatsoever with any aircraft's radios. FSUIPC neither cares about them nor touches them. Do they work in default aircraft? If so then it really sounds like you need support from the specific aircraft maker. Does the aircraft actually use FSUIPC? Is is designed for use in FSX?

If you want further help from me please close down FS and find and paste the complete FSUIPC log file into a message here. You'll find it in the FS Modules folder.

Pete