The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with axis on my X-36

Hi,

I have a X-36 on my parents' PC and I installed XHotas to use my X36, because X36 can't be used without Saitek's drivers.

FSX is on my notebook and I have no problem to assign all buttons, but I can't use axis on FSUIPC : when I move my joystick in "axis assignment", it doesn't select any axe.

I also tried to modify the INI file, but it doesn't do any thing in "Joystick Calibration".

Thanks for your help

PS : Sorry for my pour english

I have a X-36 on my parents' PC and I installed XHotas to use my X36, because X36 can't be used without Saitek's drivers.

FSX is on my notebook and I have no problem to assign all buttons, but I can't use axis on FSUIPC : when I move my joystick in "axis assignment", it doesn't select any axe.

Evidently the XHotas driver is not sending the data from the axes as normal DirectInput joystick axes, then. It is presumably sending the FS controls instead?

You can find out by seeing if the Windows Game Controller recognises the axes -- or does Saitek replace that with its own program in any case?

I also tried to modify the INI file, but it doesn't do any thing in "Joystick Calibration".

Why modify the INI direct? Haven't you tried simply gong to FSUIPC's options, in FSX, and selecting the Joystick tab? Calibrate there. If the Saitek driver is doing the assignment directly, why do you need to assign in FSUIPC in any case?

Regards

Pete

You can find out by seeing if the Windows Game Controller recognises the axes -- or does Saitek replace that with its own program in any case?

In the Windows Game Controller, the XHotas Driver, it replaces the programm by its own.

If I desinstall the XHotas Driver I can use Windows Game Controller, but I can't still use FSUIPC in FSX.

Why modify the INI direct? Haven't you tried simply gong to FSUIPC's options, in FSX, and selecting the Joystick tab? Calibrate there. If the Saitek driver is doing the assignment directly, why do you need to assign in FSUIPC in any case?

I can't see my joystick in FSX because my joystick is on the PC A and my FSX is on the PC B. And I can't put my joystick on PC B because there no gameport and I can't put FSX on PC A because it is a really slow PC

If I desinstall the XHotas Driver I can use Windows Game Controller, but I can't still use FSUIPC in FSX.

If the Windows game controller can see the axes, then so can FSUIPC4. It uses the same mechanism.

I can't see my joystick in FSX because my joystick is on the PC A and my FSX is on the PC B.

Aha! Now you tell me (or I missed this crucial point earlier)! Neither FSUIPC nor WideFS can see any axes on a Client PC, only on the FS PC. I never implemented remote axis input simply because the delay inherent in using a network connection makes controlling an aircraft too difficult and unrealisitc. This most particularly applies to the sorts of aircraft you'd use a HOTAS with as they should be exceedingly responsive.

And I can't put my joystick on PC B because there no gameport

It's an old GamePort device? Phew!

You can get USB Game Port connectors quite cheaply. It would be your best solution.

Regards

Pete