The simFlight Network Forums

First Time FSUIPC user needs help

Hello,

I'm a first time user and I was wondering if you guys can help me with my problem. I can configure my Saitek Yoke with not problems so when I launch FSX and I select any plane for some reason once I'm in the cockpit and i move the yoke the throttle moves and accelerates the plane. Also every time I choose a plane the engine is always running instead of turning the engine on myself.

Many Thanks in advance

I'm a little surprise with the tech support for this app, 75 views and not one has been able to help this poor noob :(

Sorry, your message arrived whilst I was on holiday and I did not notice it had not been answered.

Reading the questions in your message I'm afraid i don't fuly understand them. Are either of them related to FSUIPC at all?

I can configure my Saitek Yoke with not problems

Have you done this in FSX, or are you using FSUIPC? Is this just a yoke, no throttle quadrant?

once I'm in the cockpit and i move the yoke the throttle moves and accelerates the plane.

Does the throttle respond to either aileron or elevator movement? If so you most certainly have a dual assignment -- i.e. the same axis assigned for two different purposes. Maybe both in FSX and in FSUIPC?

If the throttle merely moves to a fixed place with any yoke movement, and stays there no matter what you do with the yoke, then what is likely happening is that your yoke is "asleep" until you move it, then wakes up and sends signals to FSX. One of those is probably a spurious throttle signal -- if so you need to contact Saitek support and ask their advice. It may just be a Saitek driver fix you need.

To stop USB devices sleeping when not used, go into windows Settings-System-Device Manager. Find the USB hubs and turn off power management on every one.

Also every time I choose a plane the engine is always running instead of turning the engine on myself.

That's because you are using saved or supplied flights which have the engines running. Just stop them (cut fuel, set mixture to full lean (Ctrl+Shift+F1), turn everything off (battery, alternator, lights etc), then save the flight and mark it as your default flight. You can do this with any aircraft and situation.

These sorts of general FSX questions are really best directed to the FSX Forum, where I am sure you'd have received a more immediate response. This Forum is really only concerned with the software I produce like FSUIPC and WideFS.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Dowson

Thank you for the reply, as you noticed I'm a newbie or noob as many will say. The problem was related to FSUIPC but following you advice on turning the power management on all the USB hubs off fixed the problem.

Now regarding the second part I do have to apologize since I meant to send the second question to the FSX forums, but for some unknown reason I pasted here.

Anyway many thanks for your advice and may the lord bless you and family :D