The simFlight Network Forums

Pre-set FSUIPC4 Profiles

Hi Pete,

This is my first post in this forum, which I truly find interesting and very useful. And thanks for your dedication and support for the great FSUIPC module.

My question is regarding the Specific Profiles ---- I have FSX, XP 32bit O/S, Wilco Feelthere Airbus V1 & V2, Registered FSUIPC4, Saitek Profligh Yoke and Throttle Quadrant, Logitech Attack3 Joystick, Logitech G13 Keypad and GoFlight MCPPro pannel ------ Using the profiles is straight forward as described in the user manual where you creat and name your profile and start configuring the controls.

What I found using the profiles with Win7 O/S it gives you the profile name right away with the Aircraft name you loaded in the FSX (Like Wilco Feelthere Airbus A320IAE) right away when you check the Specific Profile box!!!

Does this mean its pre-set in the FSUIPC, or it just picked the name and module of the loaded aircraft? And why this won't happen with XP?

What I found using the profiles with Win7 O/S it gives you the profile name right away with the Aircraft name you loaded in the FSX (Like Wilco Feelthere Airbus A320IAE) right away when you check the Specific Profile box!!!

It sounds like you are using ther "aircraft specific" facility, not "Profiles".

By default, and because the facility has been in FSUIPC for many years, only the "aircraft specific" option is presented. In order to use Profiles, which are easieer to use but which were a much more recent addition, you need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file and change "UseProfiles" from "No" to "Yes". Do this before running FSX.

If you've already set some Aircraft specific settings you can simply let those convert automatically, but for clarity you may wish to delete the [JoyStickCalibration...], [Axes...], [buttons...] and [Keys...] sections already bearing an aircraft name, and start again.

Sorry if this default is confusing -- I couldn't automatically impose the new Profiles method because there are many thousands of long-time users with established Aircraft Specific settings.

And why this won't happen with XP?

It's totally independent of operating system which is irrelevant to FSUIPC. It sounds like you did not keep your XP FSUIPC4.INI file. If you still have it I'd advise you to copy it into the FSX Modules folder in your new installation. I think you forgot to change the UseProfiles option after reinstalling.

Regards

Pete