The simFlight Network Forums

New to fsx, need assistance with setting up for PFC controls

Good morning,

I recently installed FSX on my system (after years of faithful service from FS9). Now comes the challenge, re-installing my PFC drivers and FSUIPC. I have updated FSX to SP2( including downloading the SDK updates as well). I installed the latest PFC and FSUIPC(unregistered) dlls in the FSX modules folders. However,when I rebooted FSX, hoping to see the familiar modules tab as in FS9 (pressing the Alt key), no luck. After further research, it appears that i need the simconnect DLL (I found it in the SDK updates), and, as per the instructions, I installed it in the same root file that contains the FSX.cfg file. However, I'm still not seeing the "add-on" tab that apparently contains the FSUIPC and PFC modules to allow setting up the PFC equipment for use in FSX. Can you provide some further assistance please (FSX is gonna take some getting used to obviously, even for this seasoned simmer). Thanks in advance. (BTW, I'm using windows7).

J.C. (MYNN)

I recently installed FSX on my system (after years of faithful service from FS9). Now comes the challenge, re-installing my PFC drivers and FSUIPC.

That shouldn't be anything like a "challenge". Install FSUIPC4 by running the installer, download PFCFSX.DLL and put that into the modules folder, and copy your FSUIPC.INI and PFC.INI files over. Rename the INI files and you are pretty much done.

If you've assigned axes in FSUIPC, some of them might get changed - X,Y,Z are the same but for some reason the R U V of the old windows interface, used in FSUIPC3, don't equate the same in directInput. But all the PFC stuff is the same.

I have updated FSX to SP2( including downloading the SDK updates as well). I installed the latest PFC and FSUIPC(unregistered) dlls in the FSX modules folders.

For FSX it is PFCFSX and FSUIPC4, and for the latter you MUST use the installer. There is no FSX Modules folder by default -- how did you make it?

However,when I rebooted FSX, hoping to see the familiar modules tab as in FS9 (pressing the Alt key), no luck. After further research, it appears that i need the simconnect DLL (I found it in the SDK updates)

No no NO! You do NOT need any "SimConnect.DLL". That's part of FSX and is installed when you install FSX. Where on Earth are you getting these wrong instructions? You just run the FSUIPC4 installer!

... and, as per the instructions, I installed it in the same root file that contains the FSX.cfg file.

What instructions? There must NEVER EVER be any SimConnect DLL in that folder! Delete it!

However, I'm still not seeing the "add-on" tab that apparently contains the FSUIPC and PFC modules to allow setting up the PFC equipment for use in FSX. Can you provide some further assistance please (FSX is gonna take some getting used to obviously, even for this seasoned simmer). Thanks in advance. (BTW, I'm using windows7).

It's all so easy if you use the FSX versions, not the FS9 ones, and simply follow the (almost) one-line instructions -- run the Installer, copy in the PFCFSX DLL!

Regards

Pete