The simFlight Network Forums

FS Autobrake offset

Hello,

I use Project Magenta Airbus software and looking for an offset that is controlling Fs autobraking.

After landing I see "BRAKE" in low left corner so it is braking as supposed. I would like to assing/config DECEL lights for this action.

Actually those lights should blink during autobraking, but this is possibly difficult to achieve I guess?

I tried offset 32F9 bit 1, but it only affected by pressing toebrakes.

Thanks!

I use Project Magenta Airbus software and looking for an offset that is controlling Fs autobraking.

The FS autobrake setting (RTO, off, 1, 2MAX) is a standard FS setting, at offset 2F80 (0-5). That's just the preset value. the actual braking is done internally by FS. I don't think PM has anything to do with it.

After landing I see "BRAKE" in low left corner so it is braking as supposed. I would like to assing/config DECEL lights for this action.

Actually those lights should blink during autobraking, but this is possibly difficult to achieve I guess?

Well you could monitor the braking level offsets, 0BC4 (left brake) and 0BC6 (right brake). Offset 0BCA is a flag which shows both/either. I think that is non-zero when you see "BRAKE" on the screen. To get lights to flash is either an electronic circuit function, or a program function. If it is linked to an offset you could write a Lua plug in to make a user offset (66C0-66FF are free) alternate from 0 to 1 over time whilst the braking indicator is on.

This would of course operate for manual braking too, and parking brake (unless you eliminate these by checking the Parking Brake offset and the manual braking indicator at 32F9).

I tried offset 32F9 bit 1, but it only affected by pressing toebrakes.

Well, it isn't actually "bit 1" (that would be value 2), but the byte being set "TRUE" (=1) or "FALSE" (=0) according to whether the toe brakes are pressed. It is explicitly for detecting manual braking and documented as such. i really don't know why you are looking at that rather than the real braking offsets.

Regards

Pete