The simFlight Network Forums

Does FSUIPC require Internet Connection all the time?

Hello fellow FS enthusiast,

I used to have internet connection, but I am traveling a lot for the time being, that means that I have had to cut my bills and unfortunately the internet connection was 1 of the most expensive I had to cut off.

I use FSUIPC, registered of course, but FSX crashes down every time I try to fx. Calibrate Joystick, Assign Buttons etc.

I just wonder if there is no alternatives to "bypass" the internet connection so I can use FSUIPC which I spent some money to?????

It is annoying that FSX always crashes when I try to get the FSUIPC work!!!

Hope to get some answers or helps!

Best regards

Mads Petersen, Greenland

I use FSUIPC, registered of course, but FSX crashes down every time I try to fx. Calibrate Joystick, Assign Buttons etc.

I just wonder if there is no alternatives to "bypass" the internet connection so I can use FSUIPC which I spent some money to?????

FSUIPC does not use the Internet. It has no networking or internetting code in it whatsoever.

It is annoying that FSX always crashes when I try to get the FSUIPC work!!!

Why do you think it's to do with the Internet? You don't provide any information for me to help you further.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the FSUIPC connected with the internet, and it works - but as soon as I disconnect the internet - FSX crashes while I try to use FSUIPC.

What further information do you want so I can use FSUIPC full-out?

I have FSUIPC 4.6 registred

FSX Acceleration

Win7

Also, 1 of the problems is, that if I have FSUIPC installed - FSX crashes as well trying to exit the FSX application.

When I uninstall the FSUIPC from the modules, then I don't have the problem with FSX crashing.

/Mads

I have tried the FSUIPC connected with the internet, and it works

You've evidently not bothered to read my reply properly! FSUIPC does not use the internet. It does not connect to anything at all outside of FS! There is nothing in it which ever tries or wants to connect to the Internet!

- but as soon as I disconnect the internet - FSX crashes while I try to use FSUIPC.

It cannot be anything to do with FSUIPC. You have something else doing it! And what do you mean by "trying to use FSUIPC". FSUIPC isn't "used" by users, but by applications. All you can do it set options etc in its dialogues.

I repeat, as you seem not to see what I tell you: there are no options in FSUIPC to connect to the internet. It does not use the internet and never needs to go anywhere near it!

What further information do you want so I can use FSUIPC full-out?

None at all because your problem cannot possibly be anything to do with FSUIPC!

Also, 1 of the problems is, that if I have FSUIPC installed - FSX crashes as well trying to exit the FSX application.

When I uninstall the FSUIPC from the modules, then I don't have the problem with FSX crashing.

In that case the crash is being caused by something you've added which uses FSUIPC, and the Internet, but which simply does not operate without FSUIPC being present. Disable all of your add-ons and re-enable them one at a time till you find which it is. (Though really you should certainly be fully aware of what add-ons you've installed which connect to the Internet!)

Regards

Pete

I understand, that FSUIPC doesnt require internet connection! But STILL FSX crashes when I have FSUIPC installed, and when I have FSUIPC uninstalled FSX runs normally!

It seems that we have an unrecognizable problem!

I run FSX with Acceleration in a Win7 32bit system...

I understand, that FSUIPC doesnt require internet connection! But STILL FSX crashes when I have FSUIPC installed, and when I have FSUIPC uninstalled FSX runs normally!

So, why do you think it is anything to do with the Internet? Please refer back to your earlier post where you stated:

I have tried the FSUIPC connected with the internet, and it works

Was that not actually true, then?

It seems that we have an unrecognizable problem!

Unrecognisable? Why? So far you have provided no information whatsoever. I cannot help on that basis. If you have a problem to resolve i need information sufficient to resolve it.

I need to see the Log files: there should be two, in the FSX Modules folder: an Install log and an FSUIPC4 log.

I need more EXACT information about what you mean by "FSX crashes when I have FSUIPC installed". When does it do this? What exactly happens when it "crashes"? Are there messages, or what? What have you done before it does so? What other add-ons are you running?

Please consider this: you posted your first complaint here a week ago, yet we are no further forward because you have all the time insisted that it is all to do with an Internet connection. Perhaps the problem is that one of your add-ons using FSUIPC is using the Internet too, and that is where the problem lies? List all of the add-ons you are using, maybe the culprit can be isolated. Try running with nothing else but FSUIPC installed, and introduce the add-ons one at a time ...

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Here you get what you want:

Install log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.60a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\.gimp-2.6\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\.thumbnails\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Andre computere\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Dokumenter\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Lokale indstillinger\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Menuen Start\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Printere\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Skabeloner\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Mads Petersen\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

FSUIPC log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="Mads Petersen"

User Addr="meku@greennet.gl"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=0D8B0000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

187 System time = 22/08/2010 20:34:43

203 FLT UNC path = "\\FLIGHTSIMMER\Users\Mads Petersen\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

203 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

889 Assuming running on Vista or later in compatibility mode!

905 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

905 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

20467 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

20467 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

20467 FSUIPC Menu entry added

20530 \\FLIGHTSIMMER\Users\Mads Petersen\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default flight.FLT

20530 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Digital Aviation PA31T1 Cheyenne I\PA31T1_CI_FSXv2.6.AIR

82431 Aircraft="Piper PA31T1 Cheyenne I D-IBIW"

82431 System time = 22/08/2010 20:36:05, Simulator time = 20:35:05 (23:35Z)

85099 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

132616 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 50 secs = 19.7 fps

Hope to get something which can help us through this :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Mads Petersen

Here you get what you want

Okay, both logs show everything is working well. However, the FSUIPC4.LOG file is incomplete. Did FSX "crash" after you stopped flight mode -- presumably going into the Menus, someplace as appears to be shown by the last line:

132616 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 50 secs = 19.7 fps
?

If FSX didn't crash, I'd like to see the complete FSUIPC4.LOG file, after FSX is closed down.

If FSX crashed, I need the description of exactly what you sawwhat you actually mean by "crashed". Is there a message, does it just disappear? Or what? If there's a message, what does it say?

Information is important if we're to solve your problem. If you look back to my previous message I not only asked to see the Logs (thank you) but I asked these questions:

I need more EXACT information about what you mean by "FSX crashes when I have FSUIPC installed". When does it do this? What exactly happens when it "crashes"? Are there messages, or what? What have you done before it does so? What other add-ons are you running?

I see already that you are running at least one add-on -- Digital Aviation PA31T1 Cheyenne I. So, that's the first thing to try: does it crash when using default aircraft, not this add-on? You'll also see, if you refer back again to my previous message, that I asked further questions:

Please consider this: you posted your first complaint here a week ago, yet we are no further forward because you have all the time insisted that it is all to do with an Internet connection. Perhaps the problem is that one of your add-ons using FSUIPC is using the Internet too, and that is where the problem lies? List all of the add-ons you are using, maybe the culprit can be isolated. Try running with nothing else but FSUIPC installed, and introduce the add-ons one at a time ...

Should I really have to repeat myself all the time until we get somewhere? For instance, the most important question still remains unanswered:

WHY DID YOU ORIGINALLY ASK ABOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION? Is it, or is it not true that the crash only happens when you are NOT so connected? Since you made such a fuss over this point, surely that must be a clue. We should be looking for whatever add-on you have which is trying to access the Internet and causing the crash if it cannot!

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hello Pete,

Sorry for waiting to reply your message.

Well, I have completely copied that both logs has written...

FSX crashes when I enter the FSUIPC, and try to customize the buttons and levers on my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system. Then FSX crashes, and wants to restart FSX application. Even when I try to restart FSX - I cant.

Everytime I use FSX without FSUIPC installed, FSX resumes working properly.

I have tried to uninstall the Digital Aviation PA31T2 Cheyenne, FSX crashes as well when I try to customize the buttons and levers.

However, I doesnt seem to be the internet connection which is the issue.

Reason why I is, that I tried FSUIPC with internet connection before where the plug-in appeared to work properly...

So I dont think that we have a solution for this outstanding problem.

/Mads

FSX crashes when I enter the FSUIPC, and try to customize the buttons and levers on my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system. Then FSX crashes, and wants to restart FSX application. Even when I try to restart FSX - I cant.

FSUIPC cannot have anything whatsoever to do with preventing you running FSX. If FSX is crashing when the FSUIPC options menu is entered, then it will almost certainly be a graphics driver bug (the options menu is a standard Windows graphic). See if it happens in FSX Windowed mode -- usually these bugs only affect full screen mode.

You don't describe specifically when it happens and what the crash report tells you, so I cannot advise further on that.

I have tried to uninstall the Digital Aviation PA31T2 Cheyenne, FSX crashes as well when I try to customize the buttons and levers.

Is this related to anything of mine? Sorry, it seems to be inserted without connection.

However, I doesnt seem to be the internet connection which is the issue.

Nothing of mine has any internet connection in any case.

So I dont think that we have a solution for this outstanding problem.

I certainly cannot even begin to help without more information. And the first and always necessary information is, as always, the version number of FSUIPC. If it is earlier than 4.60, you need to update first. You should then try with the latest Update in the Updates Announcement in this Forum.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Regarding the Cheyenne, you have mentioned it previously - and thats the aircraft you mentioned which was written in the FSUIPC log.

I tried to update the FSUIPC once more time, and tried to start it on windowed FSX, and still, when I get into FSUIPC and try to customize the levers, FSX crashes again.

I dont think it can be the graphiccard issue, I have used FSUIPC on the same computer without problems.

Best regards,

Mads

I tried to update the FSUIPC once more time, and tried to start it on windowed FSX, and still, when I get into FSUIPC and try to customize the levers, FSX crashes again.

I still need to know the VERSION number of FSUIPC, and a more detailed description of EXACTLY what you are doing when it "crashes" (i.e. what exactly is displayed, in what tab and at what stage), and also EXACTLY what you mean by "crash" -- what is Windows telling you?

Without any information (and you've given me virtually none whatsoever so far, despite my asking this week as well as weeks ago, (as you will find if you refer back), there is no way I can possibly help you. Surely you must see that?

I dont think it can be the graphiccard issue, I have used FSUIPC on the same computer without problems.

That was only a suggestion based on such little information from you, apart from the fact you were entering FSUIPC options. Almost 100% of crashes occurring when you enter FSUIPC options are down to graphics problems, and the crash occurs before FSUIPC actually gets control back from Windows after requesting the options window be drawn.

There was one other, infrequently occurring, problem of the same type which turned out to be some sort of clash with an add-on DLL called Actigate, but I don't think that is used in FSX in any case.

The only other serious problem which has ever occurred in the options is a HANG, not a CRASH, when the buttons or axes tab is entered, and this hang has always been due to a bad joystick driver, often an old one for game ports. This should not happen with very recent versions of FSUIPC because it times such joysticks out and doesn't re-scan them.

I'm on holiday next week and the week after, so please be aware the response time now might be two weeks.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Well I think that I know what the problem is, I run Win7 with DX11 installed... So actually it might be graphics issue...

This is how I get the crash:

Start FSX

Choose Free flight

When running FSX, Click Add-on - FSUIPC

Get in to "Axis Assignment" - then FSX crashes, Win says a fatal failure occured, then it wants to restart FSX.

But it cant even restart it, then I have to start task management, and force stop FSX.

Hope that it gave a clue.

Best regards,

Mads

Well I think that I know what the problem is, I run Win7 with DX11 installed... So actually it might be graphics issue...

It shouldn't be, unless you are using the wrong driver. My FSX PC is using a GTX 480 card, very recently purhcased and certainly DX11 enabled.

When running FSX, Click Add-on - FSUIPC

Get in to "Axis Assignment" - then FSX crashes

Does it crash the moment you click on the "Axes" tab? Does it manage to draw the axis assignments screen? Or sometime later? If later, exactly what is shown?

Can you enter the Buttons & Switches screen?

What VERSION of FSUIPC are you using.

Win says a fatal failure occured, then it wants to restart FSX.

When it says a fatal error has occurred, what is the exact message, and is there a place to click to get more information? There's never a "fatal error" with no information.

But it cant even restart it, then I have to start task management, and force stop FSX.

You cannot restart FSX if it is still running, ever, fatal error or not.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I have found the "problem"................

And that is, that I have to disable the standard controller settings on FSX, then the FSUIPC works at it has to.

Sorry for the time used for this, but - if I knew the problem before, we could have saved a lot of investigation :D

But I hope that you get the vacation you need, and enjoy it.

Best regards,

Mads

Sorry for the inconvenience, I have found the "problem"................

And that is, that I have to disable the standard controller settings on FSX, then the FSUIPC works at it has to.

Hmm. That's very odd -- it should certainly not cause any sort of crash. Having them enabled and scanned in both places could lead to conflicting values when using the controllers, but it should certainly never crash FS. I would suspect the joystick driver if it did.

Anyway, I am glad you managed to find it and fix it yourself!

Regards

Pete