The simFlight Network Forums

Wide FS / SB issues

I've been having problems getting SB to work right with FS2002 and SB.

New laptop, so I decided to put ALL of the programs running, except FS2002, on the laptop. EVERYTHING is working fine, except SB never finds a session over the connection. Both machines are WinXP, 100MB LAN via a DSL router.

Any suggestions?

New laptop, so I decided to put ALL of the programs running, except FS2002, on the laptop. EVERYTHING is working fine, except SB never finds a session over the connection.

Isn't the "session" it is trying to find a Multiplayer session? FSUIPC and WideFS don't have "sessions" as such, SB will simply connect to WideClient as if it is FS98. Possibly it is, as a consequence, looking for an FS98-style multiplayer link? There may be a special parameter for it to tell it you are using FS2002.

WideFS and FSUIPC have nothing to do with the multiplayer part of SB and FS's relationship, and I'm afraid I know nothing about it. Perhaps someone else will jump in and help, or otherwise you could try the SB support place?

Regards,

Pete

New laptop, so I decided to put ALL of the programs running, except FS2002, on the laptop. EVERYTHING is working fine, except SB never finds a session over the connection. Both machines are WinXP, 100MB LAN via a DSL router.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Try to disable XP firewall also

try to read explanation here

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gerard.bernard/sbwidefsen.htm

Regards