The simFlight Network Forums

Maddog 2008

Hi,

my system, Vista, FSX SP1, registered FSUIPC and a Saitek pro flight control.

I have managed to calibrate Throttle, flaps, elevator/aileron via FSUIPC.

I failed calibrating rudder and reverser?

Checking the manual, browsing through some forums, I could'nt

find an answer, what I have missed.

Could I find help here?

Joernjkrueg

my system, Vista, FSX SP1, registered FSUIPC and a Saitek pro flight control.

I have managed to calibrate Throttle, flaps, elevator/aileron via FSUIPC.

I failed calibrating rudder and reverser?

Well rudder is just another FS axis of exactly the same type as elevator and aileron. Those three are the prime flight controls. The more unusual ones to have on an axis are flaps and reverser.

So, have you assigned these things in FSX? (Other than reverser, of course, because FS doesn't treat that as a separate axis). Or in FSUIPC? If in FSUIPC have you assigned "direct to FSUIPC" or to the FS control?

Checking the manual, browsing through some forums, I could'nt

find an answer, what I have missed.

I've no idea because you don't tell me very much. There are so many ways of doing things. Calibration is the same for everything, but ASSIGNMENT can be done in several different ways. Maybe you really mean you haven't assigned any axes for those functions and that is what you are concerned about? I cannot guess these things, you have to tell me.

The reversing facility can be done in several different ways. I think the Saitek throttle unit has a button which gets pressed when you pull the lever right back. That's what most folks use for reverse -- assign the button to "THROTTLE DECREMENT" and set it to repeat. That can be done in FS or FSUIPC. If you want a separate lever for reversing you must assign in FSUIPC as "direct to FSUIPC". There reversers are clearly listed for assignment. The other way for reversers is to use a portion of the throttle axis. That's a little more complicated, and is done by assigning individual engine throttles in FSUIPC or FS and calibrating in FSUIPC with an idle and reverse zone. It's a little like elevator or aileron calibration then, except the idle area won't be central. All that is clearly described in the manual.

Regards

Pete