The simFlight Network Forums

Engine fuel shutoff valve

Hi,

I'm using Leo Bodnar BU0836X card to control switches in my default FSX 737-800 aircraft. I want to program a "on/off toggle switch" to move my engine fuel shutoff valves from position on to position off.

So i go into FSUIPC, click "buttons and switches tap", i hit my toggle switch, which is recognized imediately and i give it the control : "toggle fuel valve Engine". When i go back to FSX, i hit the switch, nothing happens, my engine 1 fuel valve remains in it's off-postion

Any suggestions ? All other controls i program seem to work perfectly !!! I use windows 7, 64 bit version.

Thx,

Marc.

So i go into FSUIPC, click "buttons and switches tap", i hit my toggle switch, which is recognized imediately and i give it the control : "toggle fuel valve Engine". When i go back to FSX, i hit the switch, nothing happens, my engine 1 fuel valve remains in it's off-postion

Do you mean "toggle fuel valve eng1"?

Enable event logging in FSUIPC's Logging page, operate the button. check the log. Is it being sent to FSX? If so, that's all FSUIPC can do for you with that control. It is then up to the aircraft concerned to do what you ask, if it is designed to do so.

What aircraft is this, and where are you seeing the fuel valve on screen? Are you sure you don't mean to operate the idle/cutoff lever, as on the 737 throttle quadrant, the one used to start the engines? I don't think the separate valves are directly accessible in many aircraft. I think they open/close automatically when needed.

Pete

Thx for your fast reply ! As you said, I mean the iddle/cutoff lever (to start the engines) on the throttle quadrant of the default FSX B737-800.

That's handled by the MIXTURE controls. It always has been on all jets in all versions of FS. Full lean = cut, full rich = idle.

Can you handle them seperately ?

You mean for each engine? Of course. There are Mixture1 lean, Mixture1 rich, Mixture2 lean, Mixture2 rich etc.

If you want to find out the FS internal names for any controls and you know how to operate them on screen with a mouse, or via keyboard short-cuts, simply enable FSUIPC event or axis logging, operate the controls, then check the log to see what happened. The number and name of the controls are logged if what you did genuinely is controlled by some.

Regards

Pete