The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle & Autothrottle Problems FSUIPC 3.98a and FS9

Mr Dowson (or to ANYONE who can help!)

I'm using FSUIPC 3.98a and FS2004: ACOF on a Vista 64 bit machine. I use a Saitek Cyborg X joystick with twin throttles that lock together as one unit. Here is my issue...my flights are absolutely fine until the approach phase of flight - when I cancel the autothrottle, the power on the port engine drops, whilst the starboard engine power remains set at the point where I disconnect the autothrottle. This causes my aircraft to list badly to the port side and needless to say, ground steering is impossible.

The only working solution I have so far, is that I have to save my flight at the point just *AFTER* I disconnect - and then restart the flight to keep the power settings sync'd. I have been through the users guide, Ive been through 'Page 3 of 11' of the Joystick Calibration Tab and toggled the Sync Throttle check box on and off, to no avail...the problem still occurs, regardless of aircraft.

I'm not sure of how much more information I can give you guys, but I am sure that I need help in getting this problem corrected. Let me know what other information or data I can provide, and I'll give it my best effort to get that to you.

Thank You Very Much!

Doug Adams

I'm using FSUIPC 3.98a and FS2004: ACOF on a Vista 64 bit machine. I use a Saitek Cyborg X joystick with twin throttles that lock together as one unit. Here is my issue...my flights are absolutely fine until the approach phase of flight - when I cancel the autothrottle, the power on the port engine drops, whilst the starboard engine power remains set at the point where I disconnect the autothrottle. This causes my aircraft to list badly to the port side and needless to say, ground steering is impossible.

Sounds like you have one throttle reasonably calibrated and the other one not calibrated at all, or completely mis-calibrated.

The only working solution I have so far, is that I have to save my flight at the point just *AFTER* I disconnect - and then restart the flight to keep the power settings sync'd. I have been through the users guide, Ive been through 'Page 3 of 11' of the Joystick Calibration Tab and toggled the Sync Throttle check box on and off, to no avail...the problem still occurs, regardless of aircraft.

Sounds like you've made a bit of a mess of the FSUIPC settings. It is probably a lot easier to simply delete your FSUIPC INI file (from the FS Modules folder), get everything working reasonably well in FS BEFORE trying to be clever with FSUIPC. Then, and only then, re-calibrate for more accuracy in FSUIPC.

I'm not sure of how much more information I can give you guys, but I am sure that I need help in getting this problem corrected.

I can't tell you what you've done wrong, but if you want me to then the only way is to show me the [Axes] and [JoystickCalibration] sections from the INI file. You can do this before you delete it if you like, in case it's an easy fix.

Regards

Pete