The simFlight Network Forums

Help with VR M-Panel, VSPE, and JS-41?

I don't have a clue about how to "put it all together", even after reading the fsuipc manual several times. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have a registered version of fsuipc and the 64-bit version of VSPE and am trying to get the VRInsight M-Panel to work with the PMDG Jetstream 41.

I originally hoped to get it done with LUA scripts but wasn't successful at that either (Thank goodness for guenseli's "Cold and Dark")

Thanks for any help that can be shared with a guy who is definitely in over his head here.

Neal Howard

an old, old flyboy

I don't have a clue about how to "put it all together", even after reading the fsuipc manual several times. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Just do exactly what it says. If you have a specific question I can help, but i am not going to reproduce what is already published, here. There's no point! If it could have been explained more simply, it would have been.

I have a registered version of fsuipc and the 64-bit version of VSPE and am trying to get the VRInsight M-Panel to work with the PMDG Jetstream 41.

Forget about specific aircraft for now. All you want to do to start with is get it working as it should out of trhe box with a default aircraft. THEN do the FSUIPC stuff with VSPE and get to the point where you can see the buttons and knobs recognised in FSUIPC. Only then start thinking about anything specific to an aircraft!

I originally hoped to get it done with LUA scripts but wasn't successful at that either (Thank goodness for guenseli's "Cold and Dark")

I thought the question was about the VRi M-Panel. What is this part about?

Regards

Pete

Excuse me please, I was not clear Pete. I certainly don't mean for anyone to repeat the same info that I already am struggling with.

The M-Panel is working perfectly with every airplane except the JS-41 where it will only operate gear, flaps, and radio freqs. At first I thought that a LUA script would fix it but after reading the VRINSIGHT section of the fsuipc manual I purchased the VSPE which seems the ideal software for interfacing.

I will re-read the manual again and start experimenting with settings....at least it wont wreck anything.

Sorry again for wasting your time. I'm not as precise as I once was.

Excuse me please, I was not clear Pete. I certainly don't mean for anyone to repeat the same info that I already am struggling with.

The M-Panel is working perfectly with every airplane except the JS-41 where it will only operate gear, flaps, and radio freqs.

Okay. And that is with the standard VRi install, I assume?

At first I thought that a LUA script would fix it

Without taking steps to wrest control of the device from SerialFP2? Hmm. Nothough you might have investigated the VRi facilities for programming keystrokes.

but after reading the VRINSIGHT section of the fsuipc manual I purchased the VSPE which seems the ideal software for interfacing.

Well VSPE is not the solution, it is just the means of interjecting FSUIPC control between the M-Panel and SerialFP2. VSPE enables the line of communication between the M-Panel and SerialFP2 to be routed via FSUIPC's facilities -- yes, including Lua capabilities -- but more importantly for button programming.

I will re-read the manual again and start experimenting with settings....at least it wont wreck anything.

The first thing to do is get the VSPE settings and the FSUIPC INI entries set so that SerialFP2 still works as it did before, but so that FSUIPC can see the buttons and you can program them. Don't even think about the JS41 till then.

Regards

Pete