The simFlight Network Forums

Status of SB4 + FSUIPC 4.* and Transponder?

Hello, Peter.

Just when I thought I was home and dry switching from FS9 to FSX, I have come accross the SB4 transponder issue i.e. unable to select Charlie/Stand by using the SB3 offsets.

I have trawled through various forums and I am a little confused as to the state of play.

I know there was some dialogue between Jesus Altuve and yourself about this.

Furthermore, Jesus posted a small module on the Squawk Box forum on May 22nd to allow shortcut keys to be made (F3, F8 and F9) so as to allow you to switch to squawk mode charlie and ident.

Also In that post he mentioned that you will include this functioanality in the next release of FSUIPC. I did stumble accross a beta of FSUIPC in this forum but the link was broken.

A simple question really, can we expect support in the next FSUIPC 4 (assuming there is one) to allow us cockpit builders to 'squawk mode charlie' by the flick of a switch?

Regards,

Darren Sugden

Just when I thought I was home and dry switching from FS9 to FSX, I have come accross the SB4 transponder issue i.e. unable to select Charlie/Stand by using the SB3 offsets.

That was dealt with a while back by using the SimConnect ClientData which SB4 creates. In fact I added new FS controls to handle it so it would be compatible across SB3 and SB4.

Also In that post he mentioned that you will include this functioanality in the next release of FSUIPC. I did stumble accross a beta of FSUIPC in this forum but the link was broken.

The place to look for updates is always the Updates and other goodies Announcement near the top of the forum. Since 4.60 was released in March there have been 22 updates. The list of changes is provided there too, and you will find the matter dealt with. It was within days, probably hours, of the thread you refer to. The Beta mentioned in the thread you referred to has probably been superseded by several others since then, which is why the link is no longer valid.

It often surprises me how many folks come to this forum and never seem to see the Announcements, where most of my assistance and extras are provided. How does this happen? Aren't they visible on your browser?

Regards

Pete

I always go to the 'Official Peter Dowson Page' to scan for any updates (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html).

Yes, that's where the latest official user versions are. But it isn't my page, but instead run by Enrico Schiratti, and I cannot get it updated as easily and freely as I can this Forum. So I supply updates to Enrico as and when I've got a fully documented new release and wish to discontinue support for previous versions. Meanwhile I can add lots of little goodies, possibly adding up eventually into a worthwhile new release, in this Forum.

Actually, the list of enhancements since 4.60 and 3.98 is getting quite significant, so i am planning to get to work on the documentation again soon, and then make a full new release. But it will probably be October or November by then

It's a shame I cannot make the Announcements here stand-out more, become more prominent. They do look like just other threads despite the separate heading.

Regards

Pete

"...It often surprises me how many folks come to this forum and never seem to see the Announcements..."
"It's a shame I cannot make the Announcements here stand-out more, become more prominent. They do look like just other threads despite the separate heading."

:)

Have a nice week, Peter. Once again, thank you.

Darren

• 3 weeks later...

I know there was some dialogue between Jesus Altuve and yourself about this.

Furthermore, Jesus posted a small module on the Squawk Box forum on May 22nd to allow shortcut keys to be made (F3, F8 and F9) so as to allow you to switch to squawk mode charlie and ident.

Hi Darren,

The 'module' I posted at the SB forum is not neccesary anymore. Like Peter said, he implemented this in FSUIPC back in June (check the interim versions) I've been using the latest FSUIPC with this modification made by Pete for 2+ months now.. works like a charm.