The simFlight Network Forums

iFly 747 + Saitek yoke-pedals + FSUIPC?

Greetings!

I'm trying to figure out what the issue is with the iFly747 & Saitek products...

All Default FSX aircraft works fine except for the IFly 747, I was told it may be due to a FSUIPC thing. I have the unregistered version, so if I need to I'll purchase the full version.

Running FSX, i7 860, yoke, quad and pedals.

When trying the flight controls, (iFly) it appears that they stutter a bit but no travel, all surfaces seem to do this. I got no replies from Saitek and other support forums.

Any Idea as to what may be the issue?

I'm trying to figure out what the issue is with the iFly747 & Saitek products...

Have you asked either of their support?

All Default FSX aircraft works fine except for the IFly 747, I was told it may be due to a FSUIPC thing. I have the unregistered version, so if I need to I'll purchase the full version.

Who told you that? I can't see how it could be anything to do with FSUIPC. Does the iFly 747 even use FSUIPC? It doesn't sound likely, and they certainly haven't contacted me about licensing. Very few FSX specific aircraft use FSUIPC.

When trying the flight controls, (iFly) it appears that they stutter a bit but no travel, all surfaces seem to do this. I got no replies from Saitek and other support forums.

Any Idea as to what may be the issue?

Since you aren't assigning or calibrating in FSUIPC (as you haven't even purchased it), there is really no way FSUIPC is in any way involved. I'm sorry but I cannot support other folk's products. You need to get support from the makers of iFly, as it is evidently their product at fault.

Pete

Thank you for your quick reply, Mr. Dowson!

I did indeed ask both for support, with no results....that's why I'm here!

The set up readme and FAQ's in the iFly ops manual says:

"IMPORTANT: The iFly 747-400 WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY without FSUIPC4 4.12 or higher."

and.....

Q1. I have installed the FSUIPC. however, all displays in the cockpit doesn't show anything except on PFD says that I need to install FSUIPC with version number 4.1. Why?

A: If you already have FSUIPC version 4.1 or later, then this problem indicates that you are using unauthorized FSUIPC registration code. However, actually you don't need to use registrated copy of FSUIPC for iFly 747-400 (because iFly 747-400 can function normally with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC). The solution is to simply re-install the FSUIPC.

So I guess I'm confused! :?

I have no issue purchasing the full version of FSUIPC, as I'm soon adding a second throttle quad and I'll need to use it to assign multiple (4) throttle levers.

I wanted to inquire with the sim community to see if there was a fix, so I'm going through the "links" in the chain to see what may be the issue! I should just get a payware 747.....

Your help is most appreciated!

Regards,

Vince

The set up readme and FAQ's in the iFly ops manual says:

"IMPORTANT: The iFly 747-400 WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY without FSUIPC4 4.12 or higher."

Interesting. I wonder what they use it for.

Q1. I have installed the FSUIPC. however, all displays in the cockpit doesn't show anything except on PFD says that I need to install FSUIPC with version number 4.1. Why?

A: If you already have FSUIPC version 4.1 or later, then this problem indicates that you are using unauthorized FSUIPC registration code. However, actually you don't need to use registrated copy of FSUIPC for iFly 747-400 (because iFly 747-400 can function normally with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC). The solution is to simply re-install the FSUIPC.

If you are using an illegal registration code for FSUIPC then the answer is not to re-install, but simply to delete the FSUIPC4.KEY file you will find in the FSX Modules folder.

Version 4.1 is very old and hasn't been supported for several years. I cannot offer support for any FSX version earlier than 4.60.

So I guess I'm confused! :?

Close down FSX and show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file, which you'll find in the FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

I'm currently using 4.60....not the fully registered version though...

I didn't register using an illegal key in the past, ( not my style :wink: ), just using the "free" version with limited functionality..I should purchase the full version?

The FAQ's were not mine...just a list of FAQ's from others with issues.

Here's the log per your request....

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Vince

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

203 System time = 30/08/2010 17:53:30

218 FLT UNC path = "\\VINCE-PC\Users\Vince\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

218 FS UNC path = "J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

655 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

655 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3120 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3120 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3120 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3135 \\VINCE-PC\Users\vince\documents\flight simulator x files\SafeFSX.FLT

3135 J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

704687 System time = 30/08/2010 18:05:14

704687 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I'm currently using 4.60....not the fully registered version though...
Okay.
I didn't register using an illegal key in the past, ( not my style :wink: ), just using the "free" version with limited functionality..I should purchase the full version?

No, you shouldn't have to. the log you attached shows nothing wrong at all.

Sorry, whatever is wrong is in the iFly side of things. The FSUIPC installation is working fine.

Regards

Pete