The simFlight Network Forums

Help: FSUIPC/WideFS Paring

XMan

I had FS Commander and REX running on a client PC until yesterday. WideFS and FSUIPC stopped communicating for only God knows what reason. However - REX is still transmitting data to FSX. This tells me SimConnect is fine (yes? I get the green bar msgs (start and finished) on FSX and WaSys weather Avoidance System loads on client PC with aircraft Icon on the correct spot on the map).

My 1st issue is I can't find FSUIPC v. 4.57 or WideClient v. 6.791, which I know are a matched pair. I messed around and deleted them last night (SERENITY NOW!), Then when I have that - I need to check my network settings I guess - Grrr!

I am running WIN 7 (both machines) and SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 - is there another updated WideFS paired with FSUIPC 4.6.2.5 which what I have installed now.

So much for my YSSY-KLAX run, looking forward ro shaking down my PMDG 747-400X today.

Thanks

My 1st issue is I can't find FSUIPC v. 4.57 or WideClient v. 6.791, which I know are a matched pair.

Please, you need to refer to the Announcements at the top of this Forum. All the information you need about versions is there.

Version 4.57 is long out of date and unsupported. The earliest currently supported version for FSX is 4.60. And there's no such thing as a "matched pair" for FSUIPC and WideClient. The earliest supported version of WideClient is 6.78, but there's a later one in the Updates announcement.

If you have a networking problem affecting WideFS then I need to see the logs -- the FSUIPC4.Log and WideServer.Log files from the FSX Modules folder, and the WideClient.Log file from the WideClient folder.

Regards

Pete

Thank Pete!

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.625 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
User Name="XXXXXXXXXXXX"
User Addr="XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=61000000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
DebugStatus=255
      156 System time = 05/09/2010 17:41:29
      156 FLT UNC path = "\\FALCONONE-PC\Users\Main\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      156 FS UNC path = "\\FALCONONE-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      468 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      468 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     2043 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     2043 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2043 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     2075 \\FALCONONE-PC\Users\Main\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\DEFAULT.FLT
     2075 \\FALCONONE-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    98624 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 44 secs = 45.7 fps
   104193 System time = 05/09/2010 17:43:13
   104193 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 44 secs = 45.7 fps
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

There isn't a Wide Sever log in the Modules folder (I will take a stab in the dark and say that's the issue). When I run UIPCHELLO - FS CLOCK: 00:00:00

********* WideClient Log [version 6.823] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 05/09/10, Time 21:20:03.196: Client name is FALCONTWO-PC
       93 LUA: "C:\Aerosoft\FSC\Initial.LUA": not found
       93 Attempting to connect now
      109 Trying TCP/IP host "FALCONONE-PC" port 8002 ...
      109Okay, IP Address = 192.168.XXX.XXX

7846 ****** End of session performance summary ******
     7846 Total time connected = 0 seconds
     7846 Reception maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
     7846 Transmission maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
     7846 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

7846 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

I checked the application and it says it's enadbled:

FSUIPC.jpg

I was wondering - should there be two lines in the FSX.cfg flie? One for FSUIPC and one for WideFS? All I see is one:

F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=1

I checked the application and it says it's enadbled

Sorry, I can't read anything on that pic. I'm surprised you even bothered to splurge read over your details! Does the button read "Disable wideFS" or "Enable WideFS". Better still, show me the FSUIPC4.INI file.

I was wondering - should there be two lines in the FSX.cfg flie? One for FSUIPC and one for WideFS? All I see is one:

No, WideServer is built into FSUIPC4. There's only the one module. There's no separate WideServer module for FSX.

Regards

Pete

One other thought. WideServer doesn't initialise until FSX is ready to fly. In your last FSUIPC log file whether you never got that far as far as FSUIPC4 could tell. It logs the aircraft name you loaded and it never did.

Can you enable "Extras" logging in the FSUIPC Logging menu, close FSX, restart it. Wait till you are ready to fly. If no "with wideServer ..." message appears in the title bar, close FSX and show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file.

Regards

Pete

OK Pete - something happned! I disabled WideFS and ended my flight. I then restarted FSX and enabled WideFS - and i got a WideServer log:

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.625] *********
Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)
Date (dmy): 06/09/10, Time 11:41:16.987: Server name is FALCONONE-PC
    15881 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15881 Initialising IPX/SPX server
    15881 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported
    15881 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server
    15881 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16100 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
    60248 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9888) TCP
    60451 Connected to computer "FALCONTWO-PC" running WideClient version 6.823 (skt=9888) TCP
   345137 Close signalled to clients
   346229 Closing down now ...
Memory managed:  Offset records: 31 alloc, 30 free
Read buffer usage:  150 alloc, 150 free, max in session: 1
Write buffer usage: 4234 alloc, 4234 free, max in session: 1
Throughput maximum achieved:  18 frames/sec, 541 bytes/sec
Throughput average achieved for complete session:  5 frames/sec, 173 bytes/sec
Average receive rate from "FALCONTWO-PC":  0 frames/sec, 17 bytes/sec
********* Log file closed *********

Now UIPCHello on the client didn't say N/A anymore - but no FS Clock 00:00:00

Here is the Extra's log"

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.625 by Pete Dowson *********
User Name="XXXXXXXXXX"
User Addr="XXXXXXXXXXX"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
[Continuation log requested by user]
Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=61000000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
   165034 System time = 06/09/2010 11:50:17
   165034 LogOptions changed, now 00000000 00000011
   165439 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
   171788 Exception 12 "TOO_MANY_REQUESTS", Ref 7124, Index param -1 on RequestDataOnSimObject for AI Aircraft id=4141 [0x0102D]
   171866 Exception 12 "TOO_MANY_REQUESTS", Ref 7125, Index param -1 on unknown request!
   176671 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
   182225 System time = 06/09/2010 11:50:34
   182225 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 78 secs = 34.4 fps
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

One more thing! When I ended FSX and restared it again. I couldn't connect again. I had to disable WidweFS, exit FSX and start FSX again. Thanks again for your help.

OK Pete - something happned! I disabled WideFS and ended my flight. I then restarted FSX and enabled WideFS - and i got a WideServer log:

I think you must have a corrupted default flight. Try renaming your FSX.CFG file so that FSX generates a new one.

One more thing! When I ended FSX and restared it again. I couldn't connect again. I had to disable WidweFS, exit FSX and start FSX again. Thanks again for your help.

I'd need to see the FSUIPC4 log (and not a Continuation log as you showed here, but a single complete log -- do not press any buttons in the Logging tab!) for a run which did not start WideServer, not one which did.

I'm out this evening so there'll be a delay.

Pete

I think you must have a corrupted default flight. Try renaming your FSX.CFG file so that FSX generates a new one.

Pete

WOW!!! That was it man! deleted the default flight and all is well. You are worth your weight in gold. If I may ask, what did you see in the log that made you come up with that???

That was it man! deleted the default flight and all is well. You are worth your weight in gold. If I may ask, what did you see in the log that made you come up with that???

I couldn't think of any other explanation for the fact than SimConnect was not reporting the loaded aircraft name to FSUIPC -- when it does, it is logged.

Glad it was easy after all!

Regards

Pete