The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible?

guda

Hi experts,

I would like to add a plane following our aircraft. Is it possible to do it with FSUIPC?

I though to use TCAS offsets (0x1F80) but the documentation says "it does NOT generate aircraft".

So is it possible to move an A/I aircraft via FSUIPC?

Regards

Dan

I would like to add a plane following our aircraft. Is it possible to do it with FSUIPC?

No. FSUIPC doesn't provide any way to add multiplayer or AI traffic.

I though to use TCAS offsets (0x1F80) but the documentation says "it does NOT generate aircraft".

The TCAS injection offsets are for programs using multiplayer to show other folk's aircraft visually to also allow TCAS displays reading aircraft data through FSUIPC to plot their positions etc. FSUIPC itself has no multiplayer interface.

So is it possible to move an A/I aircraft via FSUIPC?

If you've created an AI aircraft you can send it some commands through FSUIPC -- the facilities at offset 2900 cover this. You can put them into slew mode and then do some things with them, including moving them. Programs like AI Smooth use these facilities to try to help smooth out traffic patterns at airports.

In FS9 and before you need the FS multiplayer SDK to create aircraft. In FSX and ESP you can do it via SimConnect. Ultimate Traffic 2 actually creates all of its AI traffic on FSX via the SimConnect facilities, but it then let's them fly according to injected flight plans. Controlling their flight precisely and step-by-step is obviously more processor-demanding, but should be easily feasible for a single aircraft.

Regards

Pete