The simFlight Network Forums

Section [General] MainMenu=&Modules

Hi Pete,

is the FSUIPC.INI parameter in section [General] MainMenu=&Modules and SubMenu=&FSUIPC … no more available in FSUIPC4.INI ?

I found no hint in this forum and I installed the newest version FSUIPC4v4626.

How can I change the name in the main (top-level) menu entry in Flight Simulator FSX?

regards

Alhard

is the FSUIPC.INI parameter in section [General] MainMenu=&Modules and SubMenu=&FSUIPC … no more available in FSUIPC4.INI ?

Yes, it is 'no more available', because the menu system is controlled by SimConnect in FSX and ESP, not by the hacks I incorporated in FSUIPC3 and before. This is also why FSUIPC is in the AddOns menu not Modules.

How can I change the name in the main (top-level) menu entry in Flight Simulator FSX?

You'd have to hack into SimConnect code or data, it is built into FS.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, here the reason for my post:

I want to identify in FSX UI what version of FSUIPC4.INI I am using actually. I did that in FS9 by editing the SubMenu entry (e.g.: SubMenu=&mein Heli FSUIPC 100806 for my helicopter INI file).

Now I have an idea: Isn't it possible that you provide a user defined text line in your main "FSUIPC Option and Settings" window. This text line will be filled by an entry in FSUIPC4.INI.

What do you think?

best regards

Alhard

Now I have an idea: Isn't it possible that you provide a user defined text line in your main "FSUIPC Option and Settings" window. This text line will be filled by an entry in FSUIPC4.INI.

I'm a bit reluctant as there's precious little room. I had to abbreviate the pointer to the website a while back, already.

Can you explain which you need different INI files? The facilities in FSUIPC should be flexible enough to avoid that.

Regards

Pete

I've had to make some changes for other things so I had a look at this. I can fit in one line in the box beneath the version number, date and registration confirmation. It will be filled in with up to 127 characters (if they'll fit) from a user parameter in the INI [General] section called "AboutUserLine".

This will be in 4.627 which I'll upload to the Updates announcement either tonight or more likely some time tomorrow (Tuesday).

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

This will be in 4.627 which I'll upload to the Updates announcement either tonight or more likely some time tomorrow (Tuesday).

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, that solution for FSX is great! Thanks. I installed it immediately, see picture.

And I owe you an explanation why I need these different INIfiles:

I am flying with a lot of different, let's say "MyProfiles". That is e.g. flying jets, helis, propellers and cars ( :) ). in different conditions: VFR, IFR, bad weather, good weather, realistic, NOT realistic (for kids). Additional I am using test versions for all these "MyProfiles".

I start all this with different icons on my desktop. Below these icons I put links to the associated FS.CFG + FSUIPC.INI, so I can jump directly into the configuration files of a specific "MyProfile" (see second picture) for editing the configuration.

Your FSUIPC feature "User profiles for all control settings" is very helpful for different aircrafts but not for different profiles as I described above.

Does this answer your question about my requirements? Or did I misunderstand the usage of your "Profiles" feature?

best regards

Alhard

post-26245-128689723192_thumb.jpg

post-26245-128689723198_thumb.jpg

Your FSUIPC feature "User profiles for all control settings" is very helpful for different aircrafts but not for different profiles as I described above.

Does this answer your question about my requirements? Or did I misunderstand the usage of your "Profiles" feature?

If your differing needs affect things other than FSUIPC's axes, buttons, keys and joystick calibration sections, then I may understand a little more, though generally things like weather, geographical settings and so on are selectable quite readily by what Flight you choose to load. If you are changing other things, like scenery density, involving parameters in the FSX CFG file, then maybe your method makes more sense. I don't know from what you describe.

Regards

Pete

....., then maybe your method makes more sense. I don't know from what you describe.

Regards

Pete

Yes, my profile affects also other things than game controllers, eg.: wind, visibility, clouds, battery life and a lot of parameters in FS9/FSX CFG.

Pete, please clarify, due to my not very experienced english I do not understand your last sentence: "I don't know from what you describe". Is this another question to me??

regards

Alhard

Pete, please clarify, due to my not very experienced english I do not understand your last sentence: "I don't know from what you describe". Is this another question to me??

No. It follows on from "... maybe your method makes more sense. I don't know from what you describe." In other words I don't know if it makes sense -- or, rather, I didn't until you just explained more.

Regards

Pete