The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC4.60a and the Logitech G940 Flight System

Problem with FSUIPC4.60a and the Logitech G940 Flight System and A380 (or B747)

Okay, Houston, we have a problem! I hope you will assist me with this, because for several days I tried to setup my system to have some fun! And the fun is gone... that is bad...

If you guys have some ideas how to solve my system problem, please write some stuff!

Well, what is the issue?

I tried to setup my system for the use of:

- FSX (+ acceleration)

- A brand new Logitech G940 Flight System (2 x throttle, L+R – Joystick - Pedals)

- FSUIPC4.60a licensed (this, because the not so Logitech Profiler is that logic! Not!)

- A380 WilcoPub or Boeing 747 (4 engine planes)

As you maybe knew, the G940 is great stuff in hardware, but support in software is crap (the sold me the package as: good for FSX, out of the box! Crap.). I’m not that guy who is returning new toy’s, I just tried to find a solution.

Everybody is talking about FSUIPC4, so I thought, let’s give it a try as noob with API’s. My experience is with API’s, the software in between, that work has to be done to get it going.

Well, I tried.

The following scenarios I figured out:

- When controls in controls settings (checkbox) in FSX are disabled, FSUIPC4 is not able to see the Joystick, the pedals, only the 2 throttles. This after restarting FSX off course.

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Logitech G940 Joystick

0.GUID={59DC5480-BA86-11DF-8002-444553540000}

1=Logitech G940 Pedals

1.GUID={59DC5480-BA86-11DF-8004-444553540000}

2=Logitech G940 Throttle

2.GUID={59DC5480-BA86-11DF-8003-444553540000}

(no hub, no USB changes, etc, I have read the forums!)

- I know about G940 Force Feedback, it’s not supported in FSUIPC4. FSX has to manage this.

- I decided to use FSUIPC4 for the 2 x throttles, and not for the joysticks or pedals.

And I tried several situations, with A380 and B747, but no luck with the throttles. My system runs very smooth with W7 Ultimate 64bits, also FSX and a lot of simware runs great with very heavy realism settings enabled (like unlimited framerates!). And to be stuck with a throttle problem… blast!

Example:

- When I had nothing configured in Control Axes in FSX, only the left throttle is working in FSUIPC, this together for THR1 and THR2!

- When I put the left THR assignment in FSX on Engine One Throttle Axis and the right to the right assignment, I have for the left FSX assignment THR1 and THR2 together in FSUIPC and for the right FSX assignment only THR1 in FSUIPC.

Also in the engine display of the A380 only the two engines left respond in the same way as FSUIPC.

Is there a way to make this work and to get all the engines up and running without using my keyboard? :?

Thanks in advance,

Ciao, Mark

Some images:

001.jpg

G940 Right THR forward

002.jpg

G940 Left THR forward

003.jpg

4 A380 engines

014.jpg

FSX settings to get some output

015.jpg

What to find for FSUIPC4

Problem with FSUIPC4.60a and the Logitech G940 Flight System and A380 (or B747)

- FSUIPC4.60a licensed (this, because the not so Logitech Profiler is that logic! Not!)

- A380 WilcoPub or Boeing 747 (4 engine planes)

Always (I mean always) get things working with a default aircraft first. Assorted add-ons do things differently and may need special treatment.

When controls in controls settings (checkbox) in FSX are disabled, FSUIPC4 is not able to see the Joystick, the pedals, only the 2 throttles.

Seems you must be looking in the wrong place? The part of the INI file you showed indicates it detecting all three parts. If they are standard DirectInput devices it will see them all unless some other driver is preventing it.

But as a self-confessed "noob" why are you jumping straight into the deep-end and doing away with FSX assignment? True, FSUIPC assignment gives more flexibility (eg different assignments for different aircraft), and allows assignments to things like reversers, not otherwise supported by FS, but for general controls there's nothing wrong with doing the assignments in FS and only the calibrations in FSUIPC.

- I know about G940 Force Feedback, it’s not supported in FSUIPC4. FSX has to manage this.

You would certainly need to assign in FSX then. That wouldn't stop calibration in FSUIPC.

- When I had nothing configured in Control Axes in FSX, only the left throttle is working in FSUIPC, this together for THR1 and THR2!

That indicates you have an assignment only for the generic Throttle, not for throttle 1 and throttle 2 separately.

When I put the left THR assignment in FSX on Engine One Throttle Axis and the right to the right assignment, I have for the left FSX assignment THR1 and THR2 together in FSUIPC and for the right FSX assignment only THR1 in FSUIPC.

Sounds like you certainly have multiple assignments and are confusing yourself by the results. If you've been messing about assigning things in FSUIPC and have now gone back to assigning things in FS, best to make sure you have no similar but conflicting assignments in FSUIPC. Either find and delete the [Axes] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file, or, more simply, delete the FSUIPC4.INI file (it's in the FSX Modules folder) and start again.

Is there a way to make this work and to get all the engines up and running without using my keyboard? :?

Of course. Just make up your mind where you want to assign things, then do it just in the one place. For simplicity, and since you want force feedback, just assign in FSX and calibrate in FSUIPC. Do NOT use the FSUIPC Axis assignments options. I think this is where you are getting mixed up. It must be one or the other, not both. FSUIPC cannot override FSX or vice versa, so they simply conflict.

Regards

Pete