The simFlight Network Forums

VSPE Again..I Cannot Get it Right..ARGHHHH!

After a complete reinstall of FSX and all my add-ons and hardware I cannot get the VSPE to work with FSUIP to get the MRInsight M-Panel loaded.

The panel will load via the start menu or shortcut ok so the problem isn't there. After checking and rechecking my shortcut and .ini entries without finding anything I'm hoping to get the fix here. Prior to the reinstall, and after Pete corrected my syntax in the VSPE shortcut it worked perfectly.

Current settings:

VPSE Pair......COM5 <===> COM6 (Also tried COM1 <===> COM2 )

FSUIPC4.ini.......

[VRInsight]

1=COM5,COM6

[Programs]

Run1=READY,CLOSE,C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe

Note that the new driver software uses Program Files(x86) as the main directory instead of VRInsight

VSPE shortcut.....

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eterlogic.com\Virtual Serial Ports Emulator\VSPEmulator.exe" -minimize -hide_splash C:\ComPair_56.vspe

I have double-checked spelling, and directory trees and cannot find any errors

FSUIPC Log....

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

78 System time = 24/09/2010 10:58:47

78 FLT UNC path = "\\NEALSFAST-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

78 FS UNC path = "C:\FSX\"

312 LogOptions=00000000 00000051

312 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1046 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

1514 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

1514 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

1514 FSUIPC Menu entry added

1560 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

1560 \\NEALSFAST-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Cessna-Danville.FLT

1560 C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

13807 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

13916 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

13931 VRI port 1 "COM5" opened

13931 VRI driver port 1 "COM6" also opened

13931 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

13994 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14056 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14119 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14181 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14243 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14306 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14368 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14431 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14493 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14555 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14618 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14680 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14743 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14805 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14867 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14930 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

14992 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

15055 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

15117 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

15179 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

15242 VRI port 1 "COM5" failed to open

MORE OF THE SAME...failed to open lines follow

Help me please Master

After a complete reinstall of FSX and all my add-ons and hardware I cannot get the VSPE to work with FSUIP to get the MRInsight M-Panel loaded.

I hope there was a really good reason to reinstall everything. In general most SimConnect problems seem to arise from attempted reinstalls.

The panel will load via the start menu or shortcut ok so the problem isn't there.

Does the 'panel' show your pair operating okay?

Current settings:

VPSE Pair......COM5 <===> COM6 (Also tried COM1 <===> COM2 )

FSUIPC4.ini.......

[VRInsight]

1=COM5,COM6

Er, hold on. COM5 and COM6 are both virtual ports -- you just said so!!

How can FSUIPC talk to your device on COM5 when it is a virtual port? You are trying to give both ends of the linked pair to FSUIPC. What does SerialFP2 use? And how can FSUIPC see the device?

I have double-checked spelling, and directory trees and cannot find any errors

You never thought about what was going on? Why assign ports at random? You need to apply some logic here, and maybe refer to documentation supplied. The path of signals must be Device port to FSUIPC, virtual port out of FSUIPC into a virtual port on SerialFP2. Please please please review the documentation I provided, which is replete with diagrams explaining all this!

Pete

You never thought about what was going on?

YES, I thought long and hard.

Why assign ports at random?

After trying to follow your documentation my last attempts probably look random. According to Device Manager, the SerialFP2 is using COM8. My first setting was 1=COM8,COM5...didn't work. Tried 1=COM8,COM6....didn't work. Ditto when I created a pair COM1<===>COM2

need to apply some logic here, and maybe refer to documentation supplied. The path of signals must be Device port to FSUIPC, virtual port out of FSUIPC into a virtual port on SerialFP2.

My printout of these documents is dog-eared and limp from repeated reference to them.

Please please please review the documentation I provided, which is replete with diagrams explaining all this!

OK

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the COM up with our SERIALFP2

Pete

Your responses seem to imply that I am either not too bright or too lazy to do my homework.

It is true that I am no longer a fiery youth but I have an earned doctorate in mathematics, taught in a university for 25 years and prior to that was a USAF combat crew navigator. Believe me, I have done a lot of studying and would much rather learn something than request help.

After trying to follow your documentation my last attempts probably look random. According to Device Manager, the SerialFP2 is using COM8. My first setting was 1=COM8,COM5...didn't work. Tried 1=COM8,COM6....didn't work. Ditto when I created a pair COM1<===>COM2

If the device is on COM8, then COM8 must be the first port. You are probably not telling SerialFP2 to search again. Also do check that VSPE is actually saying that the pair you are asking it to create are 'Ok'.

I'm afraid I cannot support either VSPE or SerialFP2 as both are by others and outside my control. All I can advise and document are what works for me and others.

On your subsequent post:

ERROR 267 FSUIPC cannot open C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe

This has absolutely nothing to do with any assignment of COM ports. This is saying that FSUIPC cannot get Windows to run SerialFP2. Evidently you've moved it or have got the parameter wrong in the Programs section of the INI file. I suggest you look for the program and make sure it is where you are telling FSUIPC it is.

Regards

Pete