The simFlight Network Forums

Macros and priority of commands

Hi Mr Dowson, :)

I'm new here. Hope you understand my poor english. :wink:

I'm a new user of macros and I have just a little problem.

As general assignments I had some commands, like inc/dec altitude, inc/dec climb-rate, inc/dec IAS, assigned to some buttons of my Yoke.

At the same buttons, for a specific aircraft, I have assigned some macros, adding in the .mcro file the line window="Radio Stack", the name of the window.

When I fly the specific aircraft the macro commands take the priority over the general assignments commands even if the window is closed. I'm sure the solution is in front of me, but I can't see it. Help please! FSUIPC 3.98 and FS9.

Thank you in advance! :) :D

Francesco

When I fly the specific aircraft the macro commands take the priority over the general assignments commands even if the window is closed. I'm sure the solution is in front of me, but I can't see it.

Aircraft or profile specific assignments ALWAYS operate when that aircraft or profile is current, even if they don't do anything. There's only one table of operations in use at any time, and that is constructed according to the current aircraft or profile.

Whether a Window is open or closed makes no difference at all. When an aircraft is loaded all of its gauge files are also loaded, and it is the code gauge files which operate the controls, NOT the graphics in any window. In fact it would completely wreck the whole idea and point of FSUIPC's macros if the gauge graphics had to be visible for them to work -- you might as well use a Key2Mouse program instead (or even a real mouse). Most folks use mouse macros to interface hardware to aircraft and don't want the screen cluttered with software representations of hardware they have in front of them (or overhead, for that matter).

I don't know what the problem is you want to "solve", but I suspect you are mis-identifying it. Perhaps you'd like to say what it is you actually have a problem with and want to solve?

Regards

Pete

.............. In fact it would completely wreck the whole idea and point of FSUIPC's macros if the gauge graphics had to be visible for them to work -- you might as well use a Key2Mouse program instead (or even a real mouse). Most folks use mouse macros to interface hardware to aircraft and don't want the screen cluttered with software representations of hardware they have in front of them (or overhead, for that matter).

Aha! :D Great Pete, this is the point, I had some Key2Mouse philosophy in my mind.....

I don't know what the problem is you want to "solve", but I suspect you are mis-identifying it. Perhaps you'd like to say what it is you actually have a problem with and want to solve?

example: main panel window ---> Yoke button #1 = speed inc

radio stack window ---> Yoke button #1 = nav1 frequency inc

is it possible? :?:

[

example: main panel window ---> Yoke button #1 = speed inc

radio stack window ---> Yoke button #1 = nav1 frequency inc

is it possible? :?:

No, not by whether a window is showing or not. If you want multiple uses for the same button you need to program conditions, like having another button pressed at the same time or not, and so on. There's a lot about conditional button actions in the Advanced user's guide.

Regards

Pete