The simFlight Network Forums

One More Try at VSPE/M-PanelFSUIPC4??

It would be nice if I could finally get FSUIPC4 to open Serial FP/M-Panel via the pair established by VSPE.

I have followed the instructions precisely:

Created a pair---

COM8<=>COM5 after verifying that SerialFP2 is using COM8 (although I believe the documentation says it doesn't matter if it is set to AUTO)

Provided the additional info to the VSPE Shortcut---

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eterlogic.com\Virtual Serial Ports Emulator\VSPEmulator.exe" -minimize -hide_splash C:\ComPair_56.vspe...I have verified the path (more on that later)

Added Appropriate lines to FSUIPC4.ini---

[VRInsight]

1=COM8,COM5

[Programs]

Run1=READY,close,C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe

To test the for SerialFP2 I programmed a shortcut on my G-15 Keyboard,disabled the two .ini lines in FSUIPC4, launched FSX, and loaded the M-Panel immediately from the shortcut. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe" This is the exact same SC that is in FSUIPC4.ini

**The loading of M-Panel always begins with "HOST CONNECTED". After that the process is scrolled across the LED.

After enabling the .ini lines in FSUIP, Launch FSX, gets a couple of PC beeps and then the Dialogue box pops up to search the com ports for SerialFP2 (it is never found)

Pete:

You are probably not telling SerialFP2 to search again. Also do check that VSPE is actually saying that the pair you are asking it to create are 'Ok'.

Searched and re-searched..AUTO and each port individually

The COM Pair is good and is activating with "ok"

I have everything possible set to "Run As Administrator"

as for ERROR 267: ERROR 267 FSUIPC cannot open C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe

This has absolutely nothing to do with any assignment of COM ports. This is saying that FSUIPC cannot get Windows to run SerialFP2. Evidently you've moved it or have got the parameter wrong in the Programs section of the INI file. I suggest you look for the program and make sure it is where you are telling FSUIPC it is.

This is what is so maddening about this problem. EVERYTHING is exactly where the path/s say. The same path works if I disable the FSIUCP4.ini lines. In fact: if I leave the 1=COM6<=>COM5 line the M-Panel LED displays "HOST CONNECTED" but will go no further.

I'm afraid I cannot support either VSPE or SerialFP2 as both are by others and outside my control. All I can advise and document are what works for me and others.

I am not asking that you support SerialFP2 or VSPE but to help me find out why FSUIPC4 is unable to execute a program.

As the log below shows, Error 267 is keeping FSUIPC4 from doing what it should be able to do. I realize that you have lots of folks looking for help. I also realize that sometimes software can hit a random glitch and fail. If that is the case here, it is something I will just work around. FSUIPC4 is too good an APP to let one problem sour it...and not a serious problem at that. I just hate to give up on ANY problem :?

Regards

Neal Howard

DebugStatus=15

110 System time = 26/09/2010 15:52:29

110 FLT UNC path = "\\NEALSFAST-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

110 FS UNC path = "C:\FSX\"

359 LogOptions=00000000 00000051

359 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

437 VRI port 1 "COM8" opened

437 VRI driver port 1 "COM5" also opened

1592 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

1592 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

1592 FSUIPC Menu entry added

1638 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

1638 \\NEALSFAST-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Cessna-Danville.FLT

1638 C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

3011 Weather Mode now = Custom

15881 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

15928 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

15959 FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe" [Error=267]

I am not sure if you have the same problem that I had which caused SerialFP2 not to start although the path was correct.

I had set SerialFP2 to be run as Administrator. That was done to be able to get write access to files normally blocked (I didn't really need that but left it there out of lazyness). As it turned out it was what prevented SerialFP2 from starting out of FSUIPC. I took away the setting and now it starts every time together with FSX.

Kosta

It would be nice if I could finally get FSUIPC4 to open Serial FP/M-Panel via the pair established by VSPE.

Things seem to work fine for most folks.

Created a pair---

COM8<=>COM5 after verifying that SerialFP2 is using COM8 (although I believe the documentation says it doesn't matter if it is set to AUTO)

You must NOT include the real COM port (COM8, if that is where SerialFP2 normally finds the device). The pair you make with VSPE are to UNUSED COM ports, not real ones. That's why they are called "VIRTUAL" (means "not real").

Provided the additional info to the VSPE Shortcut---

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eterlogic.com\Virtual Serial Ports Emulator\VSPEmulator.exe" -minimize -hide_splash C:\ComPair_56.vspe...I have verified the path (more on that later)

Is the name "Compair_56" meant to reflect the pair as being COM5 and COM6, then, not COM8 and COM5 as you just said?

Added Appropriate lines to FSUIPC4.ini---

[VRInsight]

1=COM8,COM5

Again, if COM8 one of the pair as you stated originally, this is wrong.

[Programs]

Run1=READY,close,C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe

That looks wrong. Check the path. I think you have a space missing between Files and (x86).

To test the for SerialFP2 I programmed a shortcut on my G-15 Keyboard,disabled the two .ini lines in FSUIPC4, launched FSX, and loaded the M-Panel immediately from the shortcut. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe" This is the exact same SC that is in FSUIPC4.ini

No it isn't. You MUST check things more carefully!

I have everything possible set to "Run As Administrator"

Why? I never advised any such thing. It is certainly not necessary.

as for ERROR 267: ERROR 267 FSUIPC cannot open C:\Program Files(x86)\SerialFP2\SerialFP2.exe
This has absolutely nothing to do with any assignment of COM ports. This is saying that FSUIPC cannot get Windows to run SerialFP2. Evidently you've moved it or have got the parameter wrong in the Programs section of the INI file. I suggest you look for the program and make sure it is where you are telling FSUIPC it is.

Googling for it I see error 267 means "directory not found", which is undoubtedly correct because you have it wrong!

This is what is so maddening about this problem. EVERYTHING is exactly where the path/s say.

That is simply not true! You are not checking things properly!

I am not asking that you support SerialFP2 or VSPE but to help me find out why FSUIPC4 is unable to execute a program.

Because, as error 267 tells you (if you'd simply Googled it as I just did), you have the path incorrect.

:roll:

Incidentally, all that line in [Programs] is doing is starting SerialFP2 for you after FS has loaded. You could have tried that manually (double-clicking it or having a short cut, as for any other program) to prove whether or not all the VSPE stuff was okay. The [Programs] facility is only an extra convenience, to make things automatic, not part of these VRInsight facilities.

Pete

I might as well give up! I can't even post what I actually did!. The Com pair I created is COM5<=>COM6. The FSUIPC4.ini file reflects the correct , . Frankly, I have been at this so long that my errors are cropping up exponentially....time to give it a rest and come back later.

Sorry Pete..hate to waste your time. :oops:

I might as well give up! I can't even post what I actually did!. The Com pair I created is COM5<=>COM6. The FSUIPC4.ini file reflects the correct , . Frankly, I have been at this so long that my errors are cropping up exponentially....time to give it a rest and come back later.

Maybe, but I think you are close. Just put that missing space back into the path for SerialFP2!

Regards

Pete

I never used to make such glaringly stupid misteaks but lately is seems to be my best talent :oops:

After a restful evening I went back to the PC, did a bit of editing, and now all is well.....VSPE launches M-Panel, and FSUIPC4 is smiling.

Next, I want to learn more about how to use it to program some of the buttons that do not function in the Jetstream 41. Ditto with LUA.

However: I will be FAR better prepared before I take the forum's and Pete's time to get me up to speed.

Salute to all,

Neal H