The simFlight Network Forums

Uncontrolled throttle movements

Hi! :D

I'm proceeding on assignements, calibrations & co.

Found a problem, as subject.

In some positions the throttle is in constant small uncontrolled movement (up and down) and the decrease-increase movement is not linear but stepwise.

FSUIPC 3.98 and FS9. Throttle is Saitek, connected to the respective Yoke via game port. No Saitek software installed.

Thank you in advance for help! :D

I'm proceeding on assignements, calibrations & co.

Found a problem, as subject.

In some positions the throttle is in constant small uncontrolled movement (up and down) and the decrease-increase movement is not linear but stepwise.

Such jitter is usually a sign of a badly worn or dirty pot in the device, or of a poor power supply where the voltage is changing.

FSUIPC 3.98 and FS9. Throttle is Saitek, connected to the respective Yoke via game port. No Saitek software installed.

Get them working in FS. Surely you aren't trying to use them via FSUIPC without checking them in FS first? What is wrong with the Saitek software? Does that play up?

Assign in FS, Test. Calibrate in FSUIPC to get a more controllable "feel". There are no methods to remove bad jitter. The Filter option in FSUIPC's calibration may help, but not if it as bad as you say. You should probably check the warranty on your device.

Regards

Pete

Such jitter is usually a sign of a badly worn or dirty pot in the device, or of a poor power supply where the voltage is changing.

oh yes, this could be. :? My PC is not the last jewel, will try to add power to the Yoke.

Get them working in FS. Surely you aren't trying to use them via FSUIPC without checking them in FS first? What is wrong with the Saitek software? Does that play up?

I always heard that interferes with FS assignments (uncontrolled behaviours), but not directly experienced. :?:

:D