The simFlight Network Forums

Wind smoothing from an altitude onwards?

Hi,

I'd like to know if FSUIPC registered version supports wind smoothing only from an altitude upwards (or if such option can be implemented via lua plugins or is a planned feature).

I ask for this as I'm thinking on purchasing the full version because I am interested on smooth wind transitions at cruise altitude. However I would like to retain possibility of windshear at lower levels as well as gusts, variability and squalls.

Best regards,

Edu

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know if FSUIPC registered version supports wind smoothing only from an altitude upwards (or if such option can be implemented via lua plugins or is a planned feature).

No.

Is this for FS9 or FSX or neither? Wind smoothing is not 100% effective in FSX in any case.

I ask for this as I'm thinking on purchasing the full version because I am interested on smooth wind transitions at cruise altitude. However I would like to retain possibility of windshear at lower levels as well as gusts, variability and squalls.

The wind smoothing smooths changes to wind speed and direction when these are explicitly changed. Things like gusts and variance are not affected and in fact can be added or enhanced by FSUIPC -- though your best weather control will come not from FSUIPC but weather add-ons such as ActiveSky. You don't need a registered install of FSUIPC for those.

The best way of finding out what facilities FSUIPC offsets is to install it and read the User Guide sections which interest you. youdon't need to purchase a registration for this.

Regards

Pete