The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Virtual cockpit

Gents/ladies

I'm new to this forum so please dont bite my head off if the question i have has been answered. I have made every effort to find a solution for my problem but without success. I should also mention that my "technical abilities" are VERY limited.

I have been running FSX on Windows XP for a number of years. In terms of harware i use CH yoke, pro pedals and throttle quadrant. I also use the GoFlight MCP pro (what a fantastic product). My "weapon of choice" is the Boeing 737-800, and specifically the Ariane version. I recently suffered a hard disk failure and had to re-load everything on my PC from scratch. I have the most recent GoFlight, CH products and FSUIPC software versions. After loading everything, my MCP Pro failed to work correctly but thanks to John Krieg at GoFlight this was sorted out quickly. My problem now is that none of the buttons or switches in vc mode are recognized or work. Not even the default FSX planes vc cockpits function. 2d works fine however. That said, the vc cockpit switches and dials worked very eratically since the beginning. Sometimes they would work, and sometimes not. This has been, and still is very frustrating, especially if you fly a plane like the Ariane 737 in which everything in the vc is essentially usable.

When i re-loaded fsx, the vc worked fine, but the problems started after loading the most recent version of FSUIPC. Does anybody have a solution for this problem? I'm not saying that this is a FSUIPC related problem, but just found it strange that the problems started after loading the latest version of FSUIPC.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

When i re-loaded fsx, the vc worked fine, but the problems started after loading the most recent version of FSUIPC. Does anybody have a solution for this problem? I'm not saying that this is a FSUIPC related problem, but just found it strange that the problems started after loading the latest version of FSUIPC.

Does FSUIPC have anything whatsoever ot do with your use of GoFlight hardware or the Ariane aircraft? If it isn't used it won't have anything to do with it. Also, it has no idea of any differences in cockpit modes, they are completely irrelevant to it. Maybe you programmed something for 2D mode which doesn't work with the 3D gauges because they are different code in the aircraft? Are you using FSUIPC for anything? Did you lose you settings by dleeting or not reinstalling the FSUIPC4.INI file?

Unless you quote actual version numbers -- your "old" one and the "latest" one -- I couldn't even guess as to what might have changed. Saying "latest" unfortunately does not help. Folks have said that and been found to have been using a pretty old one. They meant "the latest we've seen" not "the latest there is" (currently 4.628 at time of writing). All of my products have version numbers and they aren't too hard to find.

Regards

Pete

Does FSUIPC have anything whatsoever ot do with your use of GoFlight hardware or the Ariane aircraft? If it isn't used it won't have anything to do with it. Also, it has no idea of any differences in cockpit modes, they are completely irrelevant to it. Maybe you programmed something for 2D mode which doesn't work with the 3D gauges because they are different code in the aircraft? Are you using FSUIPC for anything? Did you lose you settings by dleeting or not reinstalling the FSUIPC4.INI file?

Unless you quote actual version numbers -- your "old" one and the "latest" one -- I couldn't even guess as to what might have changed. Saying "latest" unfortunately does not help. Folks have said that and been found to have been using a pretty old one. They meant "the latest we've seen" not "the latest there is" (currently 4.628 at time of writing). All of my products have version numbers and they aren't too hard to find.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I take your point regarding FSUIPC having nothing to do with GoFlight harware (I warned you that I am not a techie! - I manage investments) My GoFlight modules are currently working 100%. I'll have to check which version I downloaded and get back to you but I believe it is 4.628. That said, after thinking your response over, it seems clear that this is not an FSUIPC related issue, and I am of the opinion that I should rather get in touch with the support folks a Microsoft. As I mentioned in my initial mail, the virtual cockpit functionality really was a bit suspect from the word go, and has gone from bad to worse. Now, when I "hover' my mouse over a switch or button, it does not even recognize it - in other words it does not turn from an "arrow" into the little hand. This is irrespective of whether I'm flying FSX default planes or payware add-ons. I have read on some forums that other flight simmers have had SIMILAR issues (partial vc functionality), but after searching high and low I have not found anybody who has the same issues as I currently have (zero vc functionality). If anybody using these forums has had a similar experience, and has a possible remedy, please let me know.

Thanks gain.