The simFlight Network Forums

radio increment setting

Perhaps I am not remembering this correctly but I think I can recall a box to check in fsuipc that changes the radio increments in fsuipc

Is my recollection correct

Not sure but i thought it was under the misc tab in fsuipc but I dont see it know in 4.6

Peter

Perhaps I am not remembering this correctly but I think I can recall a box to check in fsuipc that changes the radio increments in fsuipc

Is my recollection correct

Not sure but i thought it was under the misc tab in fsuipc but I dont see it know in 4.6

The option is "Make NAV freq increment = 50 kHz", and it is in the miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC3. It is only applicable to FS9 and before, as the default behaviour in FSX and ESP has the radio increments set correctly in any case. In fact it might have been so in FS9 too (I don't recall) -- it was introduced for FS2002 originally. Before that it wasn't possible.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter

I thought i recalled that setting, thank god my memory is still working a little bit!

What I was trying to was see if there was some relationship between rc4.3 radio frequency selection and fsuipc. in fsx 4.6

Quite often rc4.3 will select the wrong frequency and i thought maybe i had the frequency pushed to xxx.xxx ( ie 3 digits after the decimal) hence not selecting the correct frequency.

Regardless this appears unrelated and nothing to do with fsuipc , and thanks for the response

Regards Peter

What I was trying to was see if there was some relationship between rc4.3 radio frequency selection and fsuipc. in fsx 4.6

Quite often rc4.3 will select the wrong frequency ...

Really? RC has all its frequencies in its data files. MakeRunways generates these from your scenery, but I'm not sure offhand whether RC version 4 uses the frequency files it generates or not -- I know the future RC version 5 does, but I think RCV4 pre-dates that facility in MakeRunways. Probably it's frequency data is simply a little out of date. How do you define the "wrong frequency" in any case? When you look at the charts for airports there are so many alternatives for many of the ATC facilities that it could choose one which isn't included in the FS scenery data. It shouldn't matter provided you tune the one in you are told to, as in real life.

... and i thought maybe i had the frequency pushed to xxx.xxx ( ie 3 digits after the decimal) hence not selecting the correct frequency.

These days aircraft are equipped for closer spacing with their radios, and many control areas are using these new frequencies, but FS does not support the new spacing. The three digits in the true frequency for the old spacing are always abbreviated to two digits for FS as it's radios only accommodate such. So .x25 becomes .x2 and .x75 becomes .x7.

Both RC's files and those generated by MakeRunways are in plain text (actually comma-separated-variable (CSV) format, so displayable in tabular form by Excel), so you can always check them yourself and edit where you wish.

Regards

Pete

Really? RC has all its frequencies in its data files. MakeRunways generates these from your scenery, but I'm not sure offhand whether RC version 4 uses the frequency files it generates or not -- I know the future RC version 5 does, but I think RCV4 pre-dates that facility in MakeRunways. Probably it's frequency data is simply a little out of date. How do you define the "wrong frequency" in any case? When you look at the charts for airports there are so many alternatives for many of the ATC facilities that it could choose one which isn't included in the FS scenery data. It shouldn't matter provided you tune the one in you are told to, as in real life.

These days aircraft are equipped for closer spacing with their radios, and many control areas are using these new frequencies, but FS does not support the new spacing. The three digits in the true frequency for the old spacing are always abbreviated to two digits for FS as it's radios only accommodate such. So .x25 becomes .x2 and .x75 becomes .x7.

Both RC's files and those generated by MakeRunways are in plain text (actually comma-separated-variable (CSV) format, so displayable in tabular form by Excel), so you can always check them yourself and edit where you wish.

Regards

Pete

Your correct, rc4 has a table you can edit for frequencies at each airport and so you can edit them if they are create incorrectly from makerunways etc.or if they change over time. You mentioned rc5 but i have not seen an update on its release for over a year. Last info was JD's blog blog of sept 09

I really only wanted to understand if there was some relationship between the frequency format that rc4 and fsuipc might use. . it was really a long shot as i like to try to understand what is going on between the various programs

Thanks again for your help

Pete