The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRwys question

Hi Peter,

I'm wondering why when I run MakeRwys that I don't see added runways from the Addon Scenery folder in the compiled files. I've searched the forum and so far haven't found anything pertaining to this. I removed some backup folders in the Addon Scenery folder thinking that might be hanging it up but it hasn't made any difference.

Thanks,

John

I'm wondering why when I run MakeRwys that I don't see added runways from the Addon Scenery folder in the compiled files.

If the folder is included in the Scenery.CFG file then all of its BGL's will be searched for AFD contents. They certainly are here. There's no distinction made for any specifically named folders. MakeRunways simply uses the folder names provided by the Scenery.CFG file, it has no favourites or selectivity. It cannot distinguish them.

To see exactly what the program is doing, check the Runways.txt file.

Regards

Pete

OK I looked at runways.txt and I see it processes down to Addon Scenery but it only defines the two additional scenery folders that have an airport each. The path is Addon Scenery\Kxxx\scenery but if I take the airport bgl out of that folder and add it into Addon Scenery\scenery with the other AFD files it also doesn't compile. I removed all the other AFD files from Addon Scenery\scenery directory before I tried this. I've also tried pulling the two additional scenery folders out and it still skips over Addon Scenery\scenery.

OK I looked at runways.txt and I see it processes down to Addon Scenery but it only defines the two additional scenery folders that have an airport each.

Those two must be the only ones listed in your Scenery.CFG file then. Neither FS nor MakeRunways looks at folders which are not listed in the CFG file. Both will be ignoring all other subfolders.

The path is Addon Scenery\Kxxx\scenery but if I take the airport bgl out of that folder and add it into Addon Scenery\scenery with the other AFD files it also doesn't compile.

If MakeRunways doesn't list any details for that BGL then it isn't an Airport Facilities data BGL. You can't go just by the name.

I removed all the other AFD files from Addon Scenery\scenery directory before I tried this. I've also tried pulling the two additional scenery folders out and it still skips over Addon Scenery\scenery.

It cannot skip over any folders which are listed VALIDLY in the SCENERY.CFG file. The folders will be listed, with their layer number, in the Scenery.txt file to prove it. Just check.

If you really cannot figure it out, ZIP up these files:

Scenery.cfg

Runways.txt

... plus the BGLs you think are AFD's being ignored.

and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, and I'll look at it for you. But first, please do make sure you've tried the very latest version of MakeRunways (4.43 is available in the Downloads sub-forum).

Regards

Pete

I've found time to look this over some more and solved it by deleting the addon scenery folder in the scenery library and then re-adding it. When I then ran MakeRwys it found my files.

Thanks for your time,

John

Edited by lupo

I've found time to look this over some more and solved it by deleting the addon scenery folder in the scenery library and then re-adding it. When I then ran MakeRwys it found my files.

Sounds like there must have been a fault (like a sequence number omitted) in the SCENERY.CFG file.

Regards

Pete