The simFlight Network Forums

Cabin Pressure offsets

Hi Pete,

I am building a King air 350 cabin and I have already used your FSUIPC interface to resolve many switch and LED actions. At the moment I am close to finishing the warning annunciators and I am down to the last two LEDS which I am stuck on. The first one is the Cabin_Alt. This should trigger at and beyond 12500 ft. I have found the offset 0318, Pressurisation cabin altitude at present. I presume that by setting InterfaceIT to trigger on the value 12500, that the led will flicker on and off as the cabin pressure increases to 12501. I could use a range say 12500 to 35 000 but I am not sure how to do this.

The other LED is the Cabin_Dif. I would like it to trigger when greater than 144 \ 6.6, but I do not how to go about this either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Steve

The first one is the Cabin_Alt. This should trigger at and beyond 12500 ft. I have found the offset 0318, Pressurisation cabin altitude at present.

You must be using FSX or ESP as those offsets were not available in earlier versions.

I presume that by setting InterfaceIT to trigger on the value 12500, that the led will flicker on and off as the cabin pressure increases to 12501. I could use a range say 12500 to 35 000 but I am not sure how to do this.

Sorry, what is "InterfaceIT"? How are you programming things?

The other LED is the Cabin_Dif. I would like it to trigger when greater than 144 \ 6.6, but I do not how to go about this either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help in writing a program, or what? You'll need to be a little more specific in explaining what you are doing, I'm afraid. The programming logic seems easy enough -- you've explained it in words so it only needs converting to code. So I assume your real question is something still unsaid?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am sorry for being ambiguos. Yes I am using FSX SP2. "Interface IT" is a program that comes with the input\output interface cards from flightdecksolutions. The program allows you to manipulate FSX via different methods, SimConnect, send key strokes, FSUIPC offsets, SimAvionics, PMS etc. For controlling the physical switches I have connected to the interface board (FDS SYS 64\128) I have used SimConnect and FSUIPC offsets. I have also programmed some offsets with your FSUIPC addon in FSX and then sent the appropriate keystroke from the interfaceIT program. With my set up I can only control the LEDS with FSUIPC offsets. The program monitors the status of an offset and then switches the LED on or off accordingly. So my questions are actually for FSUIPC.

"Interface IT" is a program that comes with the input\output interface cards from flightdecksolutions. The program allows you to manipulate FSX via different methods, SimConnect, send key strokes, FSUIPC offsets, SimAvionics, PMS etc. For controlling the physical switches I have connected to the interface board (FDS SYS 64\128) I have used SimConnect and FSUIPC offsets.

Okay. And does that interface program allow you to make programming conditions to determine when to light and LED or extinguish it? Where are you actually wanting to program these things?

I have also programmed some offsets with your FSUIPC addon in FSX and then sent the appropriate keystroke from the interfaceIT program.

Er, by "programmed" do you really mean "assigned"? If not what programming are you doing, and where? In a Lua plug-in?

With my set up I can only control the LEDS with FSUIPC offsets. The program monitors the status of an offset and then switches the LED on or off accordingly. So my questions are actually for FSUIPC.

But "for FSUIPC" in what way? Sorry, I still don't seem to get the picture. If this "InterfaceIT" program can deal with the conditions you are talking about, then what is the problem? If it cannot, how were you proposing to do sophisticated conditional programming?

If you could tell me what you've done, how you are currently "programming" these offsets you are talking about, maybe I can advise further. If you want to set bits on a user-assigned offset based on events in other offsets, and you cannot do this in "InterfaceIT", then perhaps you are thinking of a Lua plug-in, using the Event library? (event.offset to take action when an offset changes)?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

In InterfaceIT, I can select the LED I want to control and then I select the FSUIPC offset where it allows me to select the offset and a value o bit. For example, I have a LED which switches off when the FUEL press is no longer zero. To do this I selected the offset for Fuel Press and then VALUE OFF 0. It is very limited for logic. LUAs seems the best way to go. I did read your manuals but I have not grasped the potential with LUAs. Just reading another post here, I understand there are already some LUA scripts available in the FSUIPC addon?

In my previous post, where I said programmed, I shoud l have said assigned.

Regards Steve

...To do this I selected the offset for Fuel Press and then VALUE OFF 0. It is very limited for logic. LUAs seems the best way to go. I did read your manuals but I have not grasped the potential with LUAs. Just reading another post here, I understand there are already some LUA scripts available in the FSUIPC addon?

There are a lot of working examples in the "plugins" Zip installed in the FSUIPC Socuments folder (inside your FS modules folder), and there are more in the User Contributions subforum here. You want a little Lua which waits (via an 2event" call) for an offset to change, then executes a function to determine what to do. you could, in that, write a 0 or 1 to a user offset and program your LED to operate from that.

A recent example of using the offset event was part of a reply here in thread

Please have a look at these things and by all means come back if you need further help.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for your replies. I have been reading up on the Lua programming language and it is very impressive, I understand now that it is the fastest scripting language used in the gaming industry. I will do as you have suggested and see if I can knock together a script. I have got some of my leds working via a rather crude method of setting a test offset value when a switch is turned on and then using the same test offset value to activate or deactivate a led. How do the user offsets work, all I have seen so far are the program offsets. Is there a range where we can assign offsets ourselves?

Thanks