The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC FS Control

Hello,

I have just bought the latest Fsuipc and trying to program my goflight efis, I get no key response from any of my equipment through Fsuipc. The FS Control tickbox is unavailable, and only the Project Magenta box can be ticked? Any ideas?

Haydn.

I have just bought the latest Fsuipc

You don't buy a specific version, only FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4. What is the full version number?

... and trying to program my goflight efis, I get no key response from any of my equipment through Fsuipc.

Either your copy of FSUIPC is well out of date, preceding the implementation of the EFIS module, or you haven't got the GoFlight software installed correctly. FSUIPC needs GFDev.DLL to be installed in the GFConfig folder (or, for FSX only, it can go into the FSX Modules folder). Please check the user guide.

>> The FS Control tickbox is unavailable <<

What do you mean by "unavailable"? Is the keypress tick box also "unavailable"? Is there a joystick and button number showing top centre? If not you can't do anything. You cannot assign until a button or switch is recognised. Please see the user documentation.

And please always state actual version numbers.

Regards

Pete

You don't buy a specific version, only FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4. What is the full version number?

Either your copy of FSUIPC is well out of date, preceding the implementation of the EFIS module, or you haven't got the GoFlight software installed correctly. FSUIPC needs GFDev.DLL to be installed in the GFConfig folder (or, for FSX only, it can go into the FSX Modules folder). Please check the user guide.

>> The FS Control tickbox is unavailable <<

What do you mean by "unavailable"? Is the keypress tick box also "unavailable"? Is there a joystick and button number showing top centre? If not you can't do anything. You cannot assign until a button or switch is recognised. Please see the user documentation.

And please always state actual version numbers.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for quick reply, The version is Fsuipc 4 running in fsx, I have done what you said and it is working a treat, it had the goflight dll... in the root folder, It was when i put it in the modules folder in FSX it worked. Many thanks for your help.

Haydn.

Thanks for quick reply, The version is Fsuipc 4 running in fsx, I have done what you said and it is working a treat, it had the goflight dll... in the root folder, It was when i put it in the modules folder in FSX it worked. Many thanks for your help.

I'm glad you sorted it out, but by "full version number" I mean something like 4.xxx. FSUIPC4 is the generic name for the FSX version which has been available for over four years now (since FSX first Beta).

Regards

Pete