The simFlight Network Forums

FS Gear Position Offsets Reversed?

Hello,

Can anyone verify or deny that the Gear Position offsets for left and right landing gear are swapped? When I compare my extracted data to the operation of the gear lights on the default FS B737 instrument panel they appear to be swapped.

0BF0 4 Gear position (left): 0=full up, 16383=full down

0BF4 4 Gear position (right): 0=full up, 16383=full down

FS2004 & 2002, FSUIPC 3.04

Thank you,

Can anyone verify or deny that the Gear Position offsets for left and right landing gear are swapped? When I compare my extracted data to the operation of the gear lights on the default FS B737 instrument panel they appear to be swapped.

0BF0 4 Gear position (left): 0=full up, 16383=full down

0BF4 4 Gear position (right): 0=full up, 16383=full down

FS2004 & 2002, FSUIPC 3.04

Hi James,

Why pick on 3.04? Or FS2002 and FS2004 for that matter? :) . As far as I can see this has been the same right back to FS98 and FS6IPC. It's historical now! :lol:

It's someone's documentation error by the look of it. These are values which I've never had to find, never had to map, never needed to pay any attention to. Someone back in FS98 days documented those offsets as Left-Right when presumably they meant Right-Left, and they've stuck.

I'll correct the documentation for the next version of the SDK, when I can get to it!

Good catch, but a bit late, perhaps? :D

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Why pick on 3.04? Or FS2002 and FS2004 for that matter?

I'm not "picking" on any of these, simply stating which versions I am using at the time of the discovery, you usually like to know this. I am involved in re-programming my cockpit using tools other than simple EPIC EPL and had never used the left and right gear positions for anything before now. I had always used the nose gear position and manipulated the other lights via EPL. I wanted to see if other folks had the same results or if it were something in my code that I overlooked.

It's someone's documentation error by the look of it.

Ok, thanks, I will correct here.

Good catch, but a bit late, perhaps?

Ahh yes, the story of my life! ;-)

Bye for now,

James