The simFlight Network Forums

Difference between FS9 and FSX

Hi together,

since i cant use the default offset for trim input, i have to link the the pot axes direct to an free offset, which i readout with SIOC. In FSUIPC i send the axes data direct to the offset $3555 WORD, which i use for my project. When i move the trim axes with FSX, all works fine and i can readout the data with SIOC. But for any reason it wont work in FS9?! No difference in the FSUIPC3 INI, and in FSUIPC-Setup i can see the moving pot and the assigned offset, but no data are send from the axes. I tried some monitor tools, but it looks like FSUIPC does not send the data to the offset. Are there any differences between FS9 and FSX when i link axes direct to an offset?

No idea where i could start searching..

Kind Regards

Thomas

since i cant use the default offset for trim input, i have to link the the pot axes direct to an free offset, which i readout with SIOC. In FSUIPC i send the axes data direct to the offset $3555 WORD, which i use for my project.

It is most definitely NOT a good idea just to choose some random offset for personal use.There's a block of 64 bytes from 66C0 reserved for that, as listed in both the original Programmer's guide and in the FSUIPC4 Offsets status documents.

Are there any differences between FS9 and FSX when i link axes direct to an offset?

Of course, if you link to an offset which might be used for something else. 3555 is listed as reserved.

Regards

Pete

But do you think thas the reason for the behavior? As i wrote, this offset works well in FSUIPC4.

Reserved offsets are used differently for different simulators with different facilities. The reason they aren't available for general use is often simply that they don'teven exist. On FSUIPC3, in particular, all the offsets are really just labels, looked up in a table to see what should be supplied or acted upon. The illusion of them being offset addresses in a contiguous memory is just that, an illusion -- to keep the interface looking as it did when invented back in FS95 days.

Pete