The simFlight Network Forums

FSX calibration axis is reversed

I am using FSUIPC to calibrate my yoke. I am using the "send to FSUIPC" option. In the calibration tab, the values when turing the alerions & rudders to the left decrease. The FSUIPC manual says they shoud increase. If they do not, change the AXIS_SCALE parameter in FSX.cfg. This parameter does not exist in my cfg file.

Should I,

1) Add the paramter to the FSX config file

2) User the "Rev" fucntion

3) None of the above, you have a better solution

Please advise and Thanks

I am using FSUIPC to calibrate my yoke. I am using the "send to FSUIPC" option. In the calibration tab, the values when turing the alerions & rudders to the left decrease. The FSUIPC manual says they shoud increase. If they do not, change the AXIS_SCALE parameter in FSX.cfg. This parameter does not exist in my cfg file.

That's probably because it is defaulting. Since FS9 times I think FS no longer includes joystick settings in the Config file unless you modify the settings in the FS assignments, which of course you won't if you are assigning only in FSUIPC.

Odd that your yoke is providing the values reversed like that. Is it home built, or are you using it upside down? ;-)

The default parameters for joysticks are in the DEVICES.CFG file in your FS folder. You could change the relevant AXIS_SCALE parater(s) in that, or maybe just use the REV check box in FSUIPC. You need to do that before calibrating -- or re-calibrate afterwards.

I probably need to revise that section of the User documentation It applied quite happily till FS9, and no one has come against it since then, or at least not to report it. Thanks,

Pete