The simFlight Network Forums

Slow Elevator Trim Response with 3.98

Hi

I've noticed that when using FSUIPC 3.98 (FS2004) to control elevator trim via a CH Products yoke I'm seeing a very slow response.

The trim wheel within my iFly 737NG makes one movement once per second (approx) with auto-repeat enabled. I also see the same effect when using the default 172.

If I don't use FSUIPC to control the joystick, then the trim response is immediate.

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Gary

I've noticed that when using FSUIPC 3.98 (FS2004) to control elevator trim via a CH Products yoke I'm seeing a very slow response.

Does the CH yoke now possess a trim wheel?

The trim wheel within my iFly 737NG makes one movement once per second (approx) with auto-repeat enabled. I also see the same effect when using the default 172.

If I don't use FSUIPC to control the joystick, then the trim response is immediate.

I'm afraid I need more information before I can help much. What have you assigned the trim wheel to do (or is it not a wheel, but simply an up/down momentary switch, programmed via buttons?)

Things to consider in the meanwhile:

Have you enabled the "Fix control acceleration" option? Try with it disabled too.

And: you can program the trim to operate at any speed you like using the increment/decrement offset controls. The trim action is in fact the example chosen in the user guide for this. See the boxed section entitled Offset Increment/Decrement Controls.

Regards

Pete

And: you can program the trim to operate at any speed you like using the increment/decrement offset controls. The trim action is in fact the example chosen in the user guide for this. See the boxed section entitled Offset Increment/Decrement Controls.

That did the trick, Pete!!!

I now realise that I have only just scraped the surface of FSUIPC's capabilities...

Many thanks for your prompt assistance.

Regards

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mr. Peter

I have a problem with the elevator trim sensitivity, the response its too slow, almost one point in two seconds. (testing aircraft: cessna 172, dash8 from Majestic, MD80 2008 pro from flyMaddog) I read the user guide for this problem as you said to Garydpoole user, because he had almost the same problem with the sensitivity. So, i read at the boxed section entitled Offset Increment/Decrement Controls, but i think this type of configuration is for persons who have the trim wheel device, In my case i used a simple saitek Pro Flight yoke system, so the Offset options does not necesary.

I programmed the function elevator trim up and down in my left side yoke through BUTTON and SWITCHES tab. ¿it is wrong? ¿what can i do for change the trim sensitivity? (The last question is the most important, please.)

Steps of my elevator trim configuration are:

-Button +switches

-Joy#1 Btn #2

-Select fs control

*Control sent when button pressed

-Elev trim up

-Check box control repeat whie held

* Control sent when button released

- Nothing (blank)

The same steps to the elev trim down but in Btn#3 from the yoke.

Thanks for your help Peter

Regards.

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">Luis Chirivi<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

i read at the boxed section entitled Offset Increment/Decrement Controls, but i think this type of configuration is for persons who have the trim wheel device, In my case i used a simple saitek Pro Flight yoke system, so the Offset options does not necesary.

Sorry, you seem to have finished prematurely there. I've no idea what you were about to say. But you are most certainly completely wrong when you say " i think this type of configuration is for persons who have the trim wheel device" (whatever a trim wheel device is). What is described in that box is for separately assigned trim up and trim down button actions, whether those button inputs come from a knob, a wheel, a spring-loaded lever, or two separate actual buttons. It makes not one bit of difference, except that probably with a wheel or knob you wouldn't enable "repeat" in FSUIPC because the device would repeat whilst you are turning it.

I programmed the function elevator trim up and down in my left side yoke through BUTTON and SWITCHES tab.

That would be exactly the same, then, as doing in it FS itself.

¿it is wrong? ¿what can i do for change the trim sensitivity? (The last question is the most important, please.)

Implement the suggested method, the one you've found. I don't understand why you haven't.

Pete

Sorry, you seem to have finished prematurely there. I've no idea what you were about to say. But you are most certainly completely wrong when you say " i think this type of configuration is for persons who have the trim wheel device" (whatever a trim wheel device is). What is described in that box is for separately assigned trim up and trim down button actions, whether those button inputs come from a knob, a wheel, a spring-loaded lever, or two separate actual buttons. It makes not one bit of difference, except that probably with a wheel or knob you wouldn't enable "repeat" in FSUIPC because the device would repeat whilst you are turning it.

That would be exactly the same, then, as doing in it FS itself.

Implement the suggested method, the one you've found. I don't understand why you haven't.

Pete

Hi, Mr. Pete

Your explanations were very useful. Sometimes I complicate my life uselessly. I Already solve my problem.

Thank you for your prompt response. Up to the near doubt.

Regards

Luis Chirivi