The simFlight Network Forums

How do i install FSUICP???

Hi everybody,

I installed two add ons the Dash 8 professional and Airbus Collection from Just Flight and the problem with FSUICP occured. It says it´s not compatible with my version of FS9 and i can´t get in FS9 at all.

Now i have deleted them both and restarted the computer but it still does not works? The next step was to delet the whole FS9 and reinstall it but the problem is still there? how is it possible that whole FS9 crashes and cannot be fixed. I have deleted the add ons that caused the problem? But now i cannot enter FS9 at all?!? What the hell is wrong? icon_evil.gif

I have downloaded the FSUICP and followed the instructions but it needs some kind of key/password that i don´t have. Where do i find this password?

I installed two add ons the Dash 8 professional and Airbus Collection from Just Flight and the problem with FSUICP occured. It says it´s not compatible with my version of FS9 and i can´t get in FS9 at all.

You have a VERY old version of FSUIPC, then.

Now i have deleted them both and restarted the computer but it still does not works? The next step was to delet the whole FS9 and reinstall it but the problem is still there? how is it possible that whole FS9 crashes and cannot be fixed. I have deleted the add ons that caused the problem? But now i cannot enter FS9 at all?!? What the hell is wrong?

No idea. There's nothing than any of my software does with that. If you don't want to use FSUIPC just delete it from the FS Modules folder. Else download a current version (3.98) and install that.

I have downloaded the FSUICP and followed the instructions but it needs some kind of key/password that i don´t have. Where do i find this password?

It does NOT need any password whatsoever. That's for Registration if you want to purchase it. Please PLEASE read the installation instructions, where it tells you all this. You say you "followed the instructions" but evidently not far enough! Please READ THE TEXT relating to the dialogue allowing you to Register!!! Just below the picture of it!

Pete

I have read it very carefull. I founded the problem now. The installer whas done when it whas done loading it. I thought the window with the registration whas only a step in the install. but now when i checked it, it was done.

Hmmm. The log of what it is doing is displayed on screen whilst it is doing it, and that confirms it.

And, if you did read carefully you'd have seen the first sentence introducing the Registration screen, stating "Finally, the Installer offers you the chance to Register ...". A clue, surely?

And of course it does not insist that you register as you implied in your post. It explicitly says:

"You do NOT have to Register at this time. In this case simply click the Cancel button to continue. "

So any "very careful" read, even a casual read, would have clarified everything for you, wouldn't it?

Pete

When i ask something on a forum i do it because i can´t solve the problem. Why would i else register myself on a forum with a member that is rude to med?

My main goal with the Flight Simulator is to fly not to sit for hours to try to solve a problem. I searched for fast answers because i did not understand.

I thought forums goal was to help people and don´t act like you where my parent. I have solved the problem and i am happy. If you think i waste your time

with stupid question you could just ignore my post and let someone else, nice person help me.

Hmmm. The log of what it is doing is displayed on screen whilst it is doing it, and that confirms it.

And, if you did read carefully you'd have seen the first sentence introducing the Registration screen, stating "Finally, the Installer offers you the chance to Register ...". A clue, surely?

And of course it does not insist that you register as you implied in your post. It explicitly says:

"You do NOT have to Register at this time. In this case simply click the Cancel button to continue. "

So any "very careful" read, even a casual read, would have clarified everything for you, wouldn't it?

Pete

I thought forums goal was to help people and don´t act like you where my parent. I have solved the problem and i am happy. If you think i waste your time

with stupid question you could just ignore my post and let someone else, nice person help me.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but it helps others, and avoids more future waste of time for all, if I post details of where the answers are to questions which are asked. This is all I've done, pointed out where the answers are that you definitely missed.

Okay, so this wasn't needed to help you, by now, but perhaps it will help others. This is a Forum read by many, not a personal communication medium. Please appreciate that!

Pete

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but it helps others, and avoids more future waste of time for all, if I post details of where the answers are to questions which are asked. This is all I've done, pointed out where the answers are that you definitely missed.

Okay, so this wasn't needed to help you, by now, but perhaps it will help others. This is a Forum read by many, not a personal communication medium. Please appreciate that!

Pete

Like i just said. I don´t use forums for personal conversations. I use forums because i have a problem i cannot understand. Or else i had not asked..

Like i just said. I don´t use forums for personal conversations. I use forums because i have a problem i cannot understand. Or else i had not asked.

Of course. But the big advantage of forums over private email support (which was used for FSUIPC until a few years ago) is that others can read both questions and answers, and so possibly help solve their own problems and questions. This is why I might put more in my answers that you, personally, might wish or expect. It doesn't not mean I think you are stupid, as you appear to imply.

Pete

Of course. But the big advantage of forums over private email support (which was used for FSUIPC until a few years ago) is that others can read both questions and answers, and so possibly help solve their own problems and questions. This is why I might put more in my answers that you, personally, might wish or expect. It doesn't not mean I think you are stupid, as you appear to imply.

Pete

It was just the angry tone in the opening answer.

It was just the angry tone in the opening answer.

Hmm. Angry? Sorry, but I'm not sure how you read anger into it. But certainly your first post that started all this was rather angry. Read the part ending in

What the hell is wrong? icon_evil.gif

Seemed unjustly accusatory to me, especially illustrated by the devil. I think, in the circumstances, my reply was quite controlled. Maybe showing my impatience with your unfair implications.

Anyway. enough. I'm locking this thread as it cannot go anywhere from here, and i do really need to get on and do some work.

Regards

Pete