The simFlight Network Forums

Problem controlling Spoilers

I am having a problem controlling the spoilers on all aircraft in FS9. I use an Saitek X52 combo, and in FSX I have the spoilers assigned to the slider on the throttle, which works fine. However, in FS9 the slider will not control them at all. I then attempted to assign them to one of the rotarys on the throttle, and that causes the spoiler handle to jump all over the place. For this reason I purchased a registration key for FSUPIC, and I am using version 3.90. I have attempted to assign "axis spoilers" to both the slider and the rotaries through FSUPIC and what it does now, as I try to deploy them, the handle will go to the "arm" position, then with further movement of the control it will jump to fully deployed with nothing in between. Then to the spoilers I have to use the keyboard as teh assigned axis has no control. Am I doing something wrong here? This is happening on all my transport category aircraft that have spoilers. Thanks in advance.

I am having a problem controlling the spoilers on all aircraft in FS9. I use an Saitek X52 combo, and in FSX I have the spoilers assigned to the slider on the throttle, which works fine. However, in FS9 the slider will not control them at all. I then attempted to assign them to one of the rotarys on the throttle, and that causes the spoiler handle to jump all over the place. For this reason I purchased a registration key for FSUPIC, and I am using version 3.90.

3.90 is way out of date and not supportable. the oldest supported version is 3.98.

I have attempted to assign "axis spoilers" to both the slider and the rotaries through FSUPIC and what it does now, as I try to deploy them, the handle will go to the "arm" position, then with further movement of the control it will jump to fully deployed with nothing in between.

Test in the air, not on the ground. FS automatically deploys them on the ground.

Pete