The simFlight Network Forums

flap settings carando bonanza

wpkm

Hi, I'm new to FSUIPC. I am using Saitek yoke,throttle and pedals. I want to allow for 10, 15 and 30 degree flaps using flap incr on one of the buttons. Be default i get 15 and 30 degrees. Is there a way to make the 10 degree too?

thanks,

Keith

Hi, I'm new to FSUIPC. I am using Saitek yoke,throttle and pedals. I want to allow for 10, 15 and 30 degree flaps using flap incr on one of the buttons. Be default i get 15 and 30 degrees. Is there a way to make the 10 degree too?

If you are using Flaps INCR and Flaps DECR controls, there is no way you can miss any of the flap positions. You must be hitting the button twice to miss one. Assigning in FSUIPC is exactly the same as assigning in FS for all FS controls, and the Flap inc/dec controls are the ones assigned by default, in FS, to your F7 and F6 keys, respectively. If those work, the exact same controls send from button assignments must also work unless the button is bouncing and sending two or more such controls.

Pete

Hi Pete,

By default the Bonanza first decr/incr is 15 degrees and the next is full (30 degrees). This works fine in FSUIPC, works the same as the keyboard. However the POH of the Bonzana shows 10 degree of flaps for certain maneuvers and that is why I am trying to see if its possible to get the 10 degrees without it going to 15 degrees. I'd like to make it realistic as possible.

Thanks for the help,

Keith

By default the Bonanza first decr/incr is 15 degrees and the next is full (30 degrees). This works fine in FSUIPC, works the same as the keyboard. However the POH of the Bonzana shows 10 degree of flaps for certain maneuvers and that is why I am trying to see if its possible to get the 10 degrees without it going to 15 degrees. I'd like to make it realistic as possible.

FSUIPC can't change the defined postions for an aircraft. However, I think you can, perhaps quite easily. I'm reasonably sure that the flap positions are defined in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file, so you may be able to insert the 10 position there. What that will do to the on-screen graphic is another matter, though hopefully it should stop somewhere between 0 and 15.

If you need help on this I'm not the right person. You want to ask in an Aircraft design forum, maybe in AVSIM.

Shouldn't you write to Carenado and ask them to fix the aircraft anyway? I thought they prided themselves on their fidelity?

Regards

Pete