The simFlight Network Forums

Wilco A320 / A330-340 Throttles problems + FSUIPC4 + Logitech G940

caos

hi everyone

firstly im really new to this stuff here and excuse me if i sound like a complete clutts or a NOob.

I have FSx running on the pc with the wilco airbus series 1 and 2 installed with the Logitech G940 joystick pedals and throttle. everything was working fin except for the 4 engine aircraft. After search and reading the net for literally days i ended up purchasing and using the FSUIPC to map the throttle on the whole airbus fleet. e.g

firstly i unassigned the throttle axis from FS menu itself

checked on the Aircraft specific option

then in the FSUIPC module

Axis Assignment

Axis Assignment for throttle 1 is

Joy# ''0'' and Axis# ''Y'' is assigned to '' axis throttle 1 Set'' and checked the options ''Send to FS as a normal Axis''

Axis Assignment for throttle 2 is

Joy# ''0'' and Axis# ''X'' is assigned to '' axis throttle 2 Set'' and checked the options ''Send to FS as a normal Axis''

then i goto the Joystick Calibration tab 3 '' Separate throttle per engine''e

''Check no reverse zone'' on

i do the calibration and set min vale to -16384 and max 16383 for both throttle 1 and 2.

i did the same process for the 340 just that engine 1+2 were assigned to throttle axis one and 3+4 to throttle axis 2.

now everything seemed to work fine then i purchased and install wilco 737 PIC did the same process over again.. seem to work how ever ....

I don't know what has happend after that.... i cant seem to get the Airbus throttle to work again:((((( moving the throttle will not increase the N1 or EPR guages. i am at odds to figuring out a solution...

as mentioned i have the following setup

FSX

wilco Airbus series and 737

Logitech G940 Flight controls

FSUIPC4

your help would be much appreciated.....

i do the calibration and set min vale to -16384 and max 16383 for both throttle 1 and 2.

Do the throttle levers actually give you those values? It is most unusual, because even the best joysticks don't give full range, even digital ones. That's why calibration is needed, to map whatever values come from the joystick to the full range (-16384 to +16383) accepted by FS.

In any case, even if your joysdtick is giving such unusual 'ideal' values, you should allow a little leeway at either end to account for variations -- readings can vary due to temperature, humidity, voltage and ... dirt. The is why the calibration steps numbered in the FSUIPC User Guide include parts which tell you to how to do the whole thing.

now everything seemed to work fine then i purchased and install wilco 737 PIC did the same process over again.. seem to work how ever ....

I don't know what has happend after that.... i cant seem to get the Airbus throttle to work again:((((( moving the throttle will not increase the N1 or EPR guages. i am at odds to figuring out a solution...

I don't know a lot about Airbuses, but don't they only use the throttle levers to set thrust "modes", not to actually control the thrust? If you have everything working with other aircraft, then I think, for that particular add-on, you need help from someone who knows the aircraft. Maybe it needs specific keypress combinations sent for the different modes? You can assign controls to be sent by FSUIPC at different points along the throttle axis -- this is done on the right-hand side of the FSUIPC axis assignment tab.

Regards

Pete

Hi caos,

I have the same aircraft in my hangar and they all work fine for me. I wonder if you have selected aircraft specific settings when you made the change for the Wilco 737. It could be that you overwrote the airbus settings when defining the 737 ones.

Make sure the select the little tick box at the top before making the settings for each individual aircraft.

And btw. my Saitek throttles show the same "ideal" values :)

Regards

Kosta