The simFlight Network Forums

Over writing Acceleration body?

Hello,

I'm trying to code a gauge which simulate the drag parachute brake for a FSXA plane.

I coded a gauge which overwrite the longitudinale velocity (offset 3090): it works fine but dynamic effects in VC view are missing

So I changed my code trying to overwrite now the Acceleration body Z (offset 3070) but I never succeed in overwriting it... the FS variable has never been modify by my code....

Is there a issue with this offset or did I code wrongly my gauge?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sylvain

So I changed my code trying to overwrite now the Acceleration body Z (offset 3070) but I never succeed in overwriting it... the FS variable has never been modify by my code....

Is there a issue with this offset or did I code wrongly my gauge?

I don't know. Could you enable IPC write logging, and also add 3070 as a double to the Monitor (right-hand-side of the Logging tab -- check 'normal log'), then reproduce the problem and show me the log? As far as I know those variables are writeable via SimConnect, though I don't know if they actually take effect as you might desire.

Regards

Pete

I don't know. Could you enable IPC write logging, and also add 3070 as a double to the Monitor (right-hand-side of the Logging tab -- check 'normal log'), then reproduce the problem and show me the log? As far as I know those variables are writeable via SimConnect, though I don't know if they actually take effect as you might desire.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete for a such quick answer!

Here is my log file.

My test was as following:

the plane is at the start of the runway, parking brakes engaged, I set full throttle, release the brakes, acceleration is going up to 12 ft/s², when the speed is about 80knts I set throttle to 0%, acceleration is going down to 0 ft/s², and then I fire the drag chute trying to set a negative acceleration around -16.4ft/m²

Let me know if you find out any explanation... Thank you in advance,

Regards

Sylvain

FSUIPC4_Log.zip

Let me know if you find out any explanation... Thank you in advance,

Well your value is most certainly written to Simconnect:

88172 WRITE0 3070, 8 bytes: 95 77 E6 9D 79 67 30 C0 .w..yg0.

88172 SimWrite[812]: 3070="ACCELERATION BODY Z", DDef=0000000E, Ref=2359, Size=8 [dbl=-16.404199]

but it isn't used, or is immediately overridden:

88203 Monitor IPC:3070 (FLT64) = 0.54204174

88203 SimRead: 3070="ACCELERATION BODY Z"

FLT64: 0.492239709921

Seems that something changed by SP2 version of Simconnect, because I think folks confirmed it worked in the original. Seems I'll need to change my documentation to reflect what SimConnect now does (or rather doesn't do.

Sorry. I've not better news.

Pete

Well your value is most certainly written to Simconnect:

88172 WRITE0 3070, 8 bytes: 95 77 E6 9D 79 67 30 C0 .w..yg0.

88172 SimWrite[812]: 3070="ACCELERATION BODY Z", DDef=0000000E, Ref=2359, Size=8 [dbl=-16.404199]

but it isn't used, or is immediately overridden:

88203 Monitor IPC:3070 (FLT64) = 0.54204174

88203 SimRead: 3070="ACCELERATION BODY Z"

FLT64: 0.492239709921

Seems that something changed by SP2 version of Simconnect, because I think folks confirmed it worked in the original. Seems I'll need to change my documentation to reflect what SimConnect now does (or rather doesn't do.

Sorry. I've not better news.

Pete

Hi Petee and thanks again for your answer!

The good news is that my code seems to be OK :)

The bad one is that no simple solution can be applied and even worst, I understand that may be SP2 has a regression ...

Anyway thank you for your help and also for FSUIPC which is a great addon for FS!!

Regards,

Sylvain