The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC crashes in MP but is fine in SP

Ok i recently bought the VRS SuperBug and i was flying it fine. But ever since i reinstalled fsx (due to controller issues) I cannot go into multiplayer with FSUIPC installed. This is with ANY aircraft default and non default. Without FSUIPC i will not be able to run the superbug. I am on Win 7 64bit running FSX+Acceleration.

Ok i recently bought the VRS SuperBug and i was flying it fine. But ever since i reinstalled fsx (due to controller issues) I cannot go into multiplayer with FSUIPC installed. This is with ANY aircraft default and non default. Without FSUIPC i will not be able to run the superbug. I am on Win 7 64bit running FSX+Acceleration.

FSUIPC is in no way related to anything to do with multiplayer. It sounds like a SimConnect problem -- both use SimConnect quite extensively.

Without any information, and you supply none, I can't even really hazard a guess as to what is happening. You don't give any details of which module is actually crashing, or the address, or the Windows crash code, though even with all those I am unlikely to be able to fix things for you.

Re-installing FSX appears to be the worst possible thing you can do to FSX, mainly because the Side-by-Side installation of SimConnect appears not to be de-installable tidily, and re-installation corrupts things. I have no answer -- I spent many hours trying to trace through the assorted links through the registry and other files to work out whether I could write a program to rectify SimConnect installation errors, but it was far too tangled, especially on Vista and Win7 (with XP I would have stood a good chance). In the end often the only way is a Windows re-installation, unless you can roll back to a good restore point before the first FSX installation.

Regards

Pete