The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Yoke View Pan

Thanks to some great help here, I've managed to pretty well stabilise my (fairly spikey) X-52 Saitek throttle/stick and CH rudder combination.

This required passing all axis & control management via FSUIPC and disabling the FSX controllers option. All good so far.

However - I often compose fancy screen shots and used to use the mouse-yoke-pan function to fine tune my [outside] views with the mouse, as panning around with my POV hats was too coarse.

I've found that the "mouse-yoke-pan" function only works when FSX controllers are enabled. Is there a way round this?

I've found that the "mouse-yoke-pan" function only works when FSX controllers are enabled. Is there a way round this?

No. Sorry.

I use EZCA (http://simflight.com/2010/03/18/ezdok-camera-ezca-for-fsx/) for such things.

Else you could risk re-enabling the controllers but making sure nothing is assigned in the lists. The only problem really then is sometimes FS can unaccountably reassign things automatically. I think it main does that when it thinks the device is a new connection. You might be able to stop it auto-assigning by removing or editing its Devices CFG file.

Regards

Pete

No. Sorry.

I use EZCA (http://simflight.com/2010/03/18/ezdok-camera-ezca-for-fsx/) for such things.

Else you could risk re-enabling the controllers but making sure nothing is assigned in the lists. The only problem really then is sometimes FS can unaccountably reassign things automatically. I think it main does that when it thinks the device is a new connection. You might be able to stop it auto-assigning by removing or editing its Devices CFG file.

Wow, Pete ... that was *fast* ... thank you ... at least you've put me out of my misery! I've re-enabled them in the past when I'm in "photo-shoot mode" but often forget to disable it again and wonder why my controls have gone erratic!

I looked at EZCA but was a bit leery of all the key assignments that needed to be set up. Is that much of an issue (for someone not quite as savvy as you, LOL)?

I looked at EZCA but was a bit leery of all the key assignments that needed to be set up. Is that much of an issue (for someone not quite as savvy as you, LOL)?

Key assignments aren't any problem, and optional in any case. What I find more difficult is simply setting all the cameras up in the first place. I keep forgetting to turn off editing mode before moving the mouse back to save a view -- so destroying what I just set up!

But once everything is set and working, it's a dream.

Regards

Pete