The simFlight Network Forums

Logging simconnect

For the life of me I cannot understand any of your FAQ FSX Help Logging simconnect post

I would really appreciate you spelling this out to me in VERY simple plain, 'layman terms' english ......

What is it about it you don't understand?

You just place a very short text file, with the name "SimConnect.INI", into your "My Documents\Flight simulator X Files" folder, with lines in it, as illustrated, telling SimConnect what to do.

The ONLY line which you normally need to change is the one starting "File=". You just set that equal to the pathname of the Log file you want. If you put

File=C:\MYLOG.TXT

it will save the SimConnect log to your main C: disk root folder, and name it "MYLOG.TXT".

What could be simpler?

[LATER]

I've just had a look at the FAQ post and I see this damned new Forum software has messed up the file, making, in particular, the "File=" line in the example INI file all wrong. That makes the sentence about "" also all wrong. Sorry. These threads and posts were transferred by SimFlight en bulk to this new software and it seems much of the erstwhile intelligent formatting has gone completely belly-up.

I've adjusted that particular post to read better, after some trial and error.

Pete

• 4 years later...

Sorry for waking up an old thread here but just wanted to ask will this work also for P3Dv2.5 by placing the file in the ...\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files folder?

I'm trying to figure out a problem I have with TrackIR crashing as well as a stuttering issue.

And where should that File= line go, into FSUIPC.ini? And if so, under what section of the file?

Sorry for waking up an old thread here but just wanted to ask will this work also for P3Dv2.5 by placing the file in the ...\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files folder?

Yes.

And where should that File= line go, into FSUIPC.ini? And if so, under what section of the file?

There's only the one section! See the FAQ subforum thread about Logging SimConnect..

Pete