The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with CH throttle

Hello,

I have a problem with calibrating the reverse thrust zones. It works properly if I turn off the controllers in FSX, but then I loose the Mouse Look function, which Im really used to. If I try with controllers enabled, fsx somehow overrides my settings, and the thrust levers ignore the zones I set up in FSUIPC,

making the hole axis work as normal throttles. Any suggestions how to have mouse look defined in FSUIPC, so I can live without FSX controllers?

The other problem is , my throttles keep on making fast small movements all the time in the game, sort of shaking. Anyone else having similar problems? I dont use the CH Control Manager, and tried to do everything as written int Fsuipc_giude_v1 pdf file.

I use registered fsuipc4, Win 7 64, FSX Acceleration.

Thanks in advance

Zsolt Bondar

I have a problem with calibrating the reverse thrust zones. It works properly if I turn off the controllers in FSX, but then I loose the Mouse Look function, which Im really used to. If I try with controllers enabled, fsx somehow overrides my settings, and the thrust levers ignore the zones I set up in FSUIPC

You can assign in FSX and still calibrate in FSUIPC. You must simply not assign the same thing in both places.

You can un-assign everything in FSX and leave the controller enabled. You just risk FSX sometimes seeing the device as newly connected and reassigning automatically. But that shouldn't happen if you leave the units plugged in all the time.

Any suggestions how to have mouse look defined in FSUIPC

I've never used mouse look so I've really no idea what it does, but it sounds like a possible candidate for an add-on program. Was it a feature of FS9 and before? How/why do you use it?

There's almost no mouse handling in FSUIPC at all and I'm rather loathe to add a load of new code unnecessarily, but tell me more and I'll think about it.

The other problem is , my throttles keep on making fast small movements all the time in the game, sort of shaking.

Assuming that this is not simple cross-interference caused by having the same axes assigned in two different places, it''s "jitter" which can be caused by many different things:

1. dirty, bad or faulty throttle potentiometers,

2. variable voltages

3. bad connections, inside the device or in the USB routing

4. temperature, humidity, stuff like that.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the qiuck reply!

Actually the main problem was, that fsx sometimes overwrote my standard.xml file, probably after certain system restarts, maybe found the CH products new, or sg. The most annoying thing was, that it also made the default axis and button assigns, which took a long time to erase time after time:)

It was my mistake, that I didnt know about the other standard.xml, which was located in the FSX root directory, being the base of making these changes. After editing it to be same as the one in %DOC% folder , hopefuly its never going to happen again. Now everything seems to work perfectly, after clearing all joystick controls (axis and buttons) in fsx. All axis, reverse thrust, even the PMDG aircraft specific keyboard-presses were set easily.

FSUIPC is in my opinion one of the greatest addon tools available, simply a must! Thanks again!

Zsolt Bondar

Edited by Bondi

Regarding the jitter, it seemes to be a PMDG specific thing, and it only occurs at cold&dark configs. After the bird is set up, APU or engines running, they work and move perfectly. The jitter is even worse with the yokes, but during flight htey're OK.

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

You can un-assign everything in FSX and leave the controller enabled. You just risk FSX sometimes seeing the device as newly connected and reassigning automatically.

I just stumbled on this as the way to get my mouse look working, using the search facility really does pay off ! :grin: What I've ended up with is that in FSX I've enabled the controllers but deleted all button and axis assignments, and fsuipc is doing all the work detecting and smoothing the inputs. I have also mapped my controllers GUIDs to joy letters, and the axes are mapped in fsuipc to the letters rather than to controller numbers.

Does this largely immunise me to the risk you mentioned ?

Thanks

Gary Lowndes

I just stumbled on this as the way to get my mouse look working, using the search facility really does pay off ! :grin: What I've ended up with is that in FSX I've enabled the controllers but deleted all button and axis assignments, and fsuipc is doing all the work detecting and smoothing the inputs. I have also mapped my controllers GUIDs to joy letters, and the axes are mapped in fsuipc to the letters rather than to controller numbers.

Does this largely immunise me to the risk you mentioned ?

See what happens in FSX if you run it without a controller plugged in, and then plug it in. Or move it from one USB socket to another. Or possibly even making any major updates to Windows. I think there are a number of things which could cause FSX to assume a newly connected controller and therefore to redo its automatic connections.

This use to happen much more in FS9 and before. Perhaps it isn't so bad in FSX. I don't know. I use all PFC equipment connected via COM ports and driven by my own drivers.

Regards

Pete